+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Heelan League 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Yip Sneckie, that's the one, I was thinking on silver darling or something like that but your spot on Silver Dollar it was.
    Are both bars still on the go? I would not have said it was pretty bleak at that time as the amount of rigs in the bay was obviously bringing a lot of passing trade to both InverG and Alness, and the two bars I recall were like I say "ahem" fair play for anything and us young loons and rig pigs, were all well up for a party, haha what more do i need to say.

I can imagine it would have been a pretty bleak place without the amount of passing trade that we brought to there
    I live in Alness, I think they're both still on the go.

In the years I've lived here I've never been out for beer in Invergordon…...I doubt I ever will.

I'm seldom out in Alness, though the Comm is an OK bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I stayed there the first 2 visits for work, in the Marine hotel. Went to the Silver dollar. It seemed everyone with a drink problem and more gaps than teeth wanted a go with me

Started staying in Tain after that

I went through on my way to Brora and a pint in the Marine. Rig grave yard doesnt cover it now
    The port of Invergordon is doing remarkably well with the cruise ship trade. As are local bus companies, taxis etc, taking passengers to local tourist attractions, e.g. Dunrobin Castle, Falls of Shin, Glenmorangie distillery, Glen Affric, Loch Ness. Golf as Dornoch, Tain, Golspie, Castle Stuart etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I heard him say the same thing to a young Tim fan and his blonde after the 2017 Scottish Cup Final on train between Glasgow and Edinburgh. He exited at Polmont if memory serves. I think he had a few which surprised me because I always though he was tea-total. Perhaps only during his playing career
    He certainly allowed me to buy him a pint the night I met him. Top bloke, hilarious with it.

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    He certainly allowed me to buy him a pint the night I met him. Top bloke, hilarious with it.
    Aye he seemed very approachable and was happily discussing his career with the initially disbelieving Tim and Timette... I wish that I spoke to him but didn't feel that I should interrupt and we were feeling depressed anyway with losing the last minute goal and a long journey to Manchester ahead of us.

He certainly did a very interesting interview last year or the year before where he discussed, among other things, his love of old films (which I share)...

Last nights results

Huntly 1 v 0 Lossie
    Nairn County 2 v 2 Buckie Bhoys
    Wick Academy P v P Brora Huns (warthogs)

Highland Football League

Clachnacuddin v Fraserburgh
    Fort William v Nairn County
    Huntly v Buckie Bhoys
    Rothes v Wick Academy
    Strathspey Thistle v Keith
    Turriff United v Deveronvale

Highland League Cup Final (at the Locos)
    Sevcove v Formartinks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Highland Football League

Clachnacuddin v Fraserburgh
    Fort William v Nairn County
    Huntly v Buckie Bhoys
    Rothes v Wick Academy
    Strathspey Thistle v Keith
    Turriff United v Deveronvale

Highland League Cup Final (at the Locos)
    Sevcove v Formartinks
    HLC should hopefully attract a decent crowd, only once had the opportunity to watch Cove this season, ironically their only defeat in the league.

I need to scope the fixtures to see if I can get along to see Fort William dependant on AC’s commitments, as Sneckers said it is/could be a good day out.

SF

HIGHLAND LEAGUE CUP FINAL
    Winning Knobs 2-0 Loser Tinks

HFL
    Clachnacuddin 2-3 Fraserburgh
    Fort William 2-6 Nairn County (kicked off late due to deer sh@te all over the park)
    Huntly 3-1 Buckie Bhoys
    Rothes 2-1 Wick Academy
    Strathspey Thistle 0-4 Keith
    Turriff United 2-3 Deveronvale
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 06-04-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Tonight

If Sevcove win and Brora don't then the title heads to the plastic abomination in Tullos

Clachnacuddin v Brora Huns
    Keith v Sevcove

Hopefully they dont win it tonight. Looking for a big crowd at Forres on Saturday to not see them win it then as well.

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast