+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 370 of 421 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I do.
    You're talking deluded nonsense if you think we'll ask for and get £15m for Scott McKenna.
    Will that do?
    No. What makes you rate McBurnie at £20m? 7 caps for Scotland. No goals scored. Could be wrong, but I don't think he's played in the Premiership. Less caps than McKenna, no European experience, no international goals, but he's worth 3 x times more than McKenna.

Of course we won't.
    It's "Championship Manager" stuff from some I'm afraid.
    I agree that the guff clubs won't want to pay that and a player is only worth how much clubs are willing to pay. However given the craziness of transfers these days, nothing would surprise me. Guff teams see Scotland as a cheap market. If McKenna played down there he would be expected to cost over £20M these days. If Tierney had gone to Arsenal for £25M we would expect something nearer that figure. However as neither of those things apply we will probably sell for 6 or7 when I think we should hold out for double that

I've got it. We seem to be on good terms with Norwich, so flog him to them for 7m plus 30% sell on and a loan back plus someone else on loan as well - Hanley?

Quote Originally Posted by canarydon View Post
    Hanley?
    Obvious whoosh there

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    No. What makes you rate McBurnie at £20m? 7 caps for Scotland. No goals scored. Could be wrong, but I don't think he's played in the Premiership. Less caps than McKenna, no European experience, no international goals, but he's worth 3 x times more than McKenna.
    Did I say anything about McBurnie & WTF has he got to do with it?!

I've said this before but why'd people keep talking about only £6m or £7m? Oli McBurnie just transferred for f'ing £20m. Same price for some no mark championship centre half going from Bristol to Brighton.

He's on a long term contract. Different story but Dick van Dyke signed a long term deal with Southampton then handed in a transfer request. He was eventually allowed to leave but ONLY after Liverpool met their (ridiculous) valuation. It's the same here.

In my opinion we should looking for no less than£15m, and then with some serious add ons. And no way should we ever, ever, ever sell him to Celtic.
    I agree, to me the club are in the driving seat. If he throws a paddy and doesn't want to play he will harm his chances if a move, he needs to keep playing and at a better standard than he did last season to earn a decent move, this smells like the agent all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by canarydon View Post
    I've got it. We seem to be on good terms with Norwich, so flog him to them for 7m plus 30% sell on and a loan back plus someone else on loan as well - Hanley?

Did I say anything about McBurnie & WTF has he got to do with it?!
    Sorry, if I misunderstood. My basis for £15m for McKenna was - he's on a long term contract; regular international, European experience. Brighton bought a championship centre half from Bristol for £20m; Sheffield signed Oli McB for £20m; Tims allegedly rejected £25m for Tierney; loads of other ludicrously high transfers paid by English clubs. And I've never played championship manager.

Sorry, if I misunderstood. My basis for £15m for McKenna was - he's on a long term contract; regular international, European experience. Brighton bought a championship centre half from Bristol for £20m; Sheffield signed Oli McB for £20m; Tims allegedly rejected £25m for Tierney; loads of other ludicrously high transfers paid by English clubs. And I've never played championship manager.
    Has captained Scotland as well

You should, you’d be good at it

Page 370 of 421 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420 ... LastLast