+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 374 of 421 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 4203

Thread: The Summer Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I'm pretty confident it's Leeds United that are leaning heaviest on the agent. They're losing their own centre half to Anderlecht for £7 million, it's a natural fit.

I'm also sure that he won't be going anywhere near QPR or Forest. I think AFC have encouraged that to be made public in an attempt to attract serious suitors.

I also have no issues with McKenna leaving but the timing. However, McInnes would have known there was a big risk that this would happen if made it to QR3. He would've gambled that Considine, Devlin and Taylor would've been enough to cope for the time being. The gamble hasn't paid off.

I think Leigh has the stature to partner Considine in there as a stop gap. If he does well then keep him there and get Lowe back as he's back getting splinters in his arse at Derby and the gruesome twosome no longer appear to be interested.
    The player moving to Anderlecht from Leeds is Keenar Roofe.
    He’s a striker.

Going back to the comparison between McBurnie and McKenna's relative market value...being a regular international for Scotland is meaningless, Scotland are poor and we're not overwhelmed with quality centre backs. European experience - even more meaningless as it's against teams that are pretty poor. The Scottish League is considered lower championship/league one standard in the main.

McBurnie is proven in the championship and that alone will carry more weight than anything listed above. Simple as that. Sorry...we won't get anything above £10 million...probably £7m tops with add ons.
    Last edited by Redbull666; 05-08-2019 at 09:09 PM.

If we refuse to let him leave in this window I'd be happy with that. If he knuckles down and shows some professionalism he might even get a better move.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    Going back to the comparison between McBurnie and McKenna's relative market value...being a regular international for Scotland is meaningless, Scotland are poor and we're not overwhelmed with quality centre backs. European experience - even more meaningless as it's against teams that are pretty poor. The Scottish League is considered lower championship/league one standard in the main.

McBurnie is proven in the championship and that alone will carry more weight than anything listed above. Simple as that. Sorry...we won't get anything above £10 million...probably £7m tops with add ons.
    The only counter to that is Scotland’s central defenders are still better than the quality of our forwards.

https://i.stv.tv/2Kfk1Ru

Dm not looking at McKenna in pic. I suggest he wint travel to Croatia and we will be in the **** with nae chance of Europa league! Wee c•unt

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I know agents appear to be c***s generally.
    That’s the perception.
    However, McKenna is a grown man.
    If he didn’t think it a good idea he could always say.
    The club have always said if an offer comes in meeting our valuation, they’ll let him speak to that club.

My only gripe is the timing.
    I said myself earlier that McKenna is a grown man that needs to take responsibility for his actions.

That said, given most footballers are barely above dribbling imbecile level intellectually, it’s not too hard to see agents playing them like fiddles & filling their heads with s’hite.

The lad & especially the agent should have known the timing was utterly unacceptable, would appear deliberately antagonistic & would just infuriate the club & fans. Stupid beyond belief.

I believe the request has been rejected & I’m very happy with that if so - I’d suggest a large slice of humble pie at a presser very shortly for young Scott.

If Kenny McLean was exhibit A for how to move on from a club that’s done right by you, then this is pretty much exhibit A (along with that wee s’hite at Bournemouth & the rat) of how not to do it...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 05-08-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phuxachemin View Post
    Roofe is not a centre half. He is a striker. So unlikely to be Leeds
    Ok so not a direct replacement but the point still stands. They've got seven big ones coming there way and they're going to reinvest five of them to get McKenna out of Pittodrie.

The last thing we need is him sulking about Croatia. The Magic Hat is going to be out of Loftus Road by November whilst Forest go through managers on a monthly basis.

Let's take the cash, buy Lowe and move to Leigh into the centre.

Buy Lowe and move Leigh (who is a decent left back and possibly a better left back than Lowe) into centre half? Jeesus thats mental,you dont know the difference from a centre half to a centre forward (Roofe)

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The player moving to Anderlecht from Leeds is Keenar Roofe.
    He’s a striker.
    Agreed about Roofe. But they just sold their centre half Pontuss Janson to Brentford for circa £5m. Leeds desperately need a centre half.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Leeds desperately need a centre half.
    Lot of that going around apparently.

Page 374 of 421 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384 ... LastLast