+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: The once michty v Rijeka

Really hope Bryson is back soon and hers up and running as I think ojo could be a bit pish

Yep lucky break , I almost went and I stay 4 miles away from that suits tonight...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Redtothebone View Post
    Aye your right , all we need are training facilities ?
    What a waste of money when we could have just bought our squad a spade each and said dig a trench and sit in to protect yourself from attack. It would have saved a fortune and the players would get the message very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Really hope Bryson is back soon and hers up and running as I think ojo could be a bit pish
    What’s the chances he’s a bit pish you don’t end up at S****horpe I. League 2 if your pish do you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    What’s the chances he’s a bit pish you don’t end up at S****horpe I. League 2 if your pish do you ?
    Ojo is absolutely sh!te. As you say he was playing for a p!sh team in a p!sh league. Anyone who thinks he is a decent player needs help.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    My god how unbelievably naive our lot are.

Allowing yourself to be caught on the break like that in the first 10 mins is a joke. Amateur level stuff.

The only thing I can say for Ojo was he wasn’t hiding & was looking for the ball - but his own terrible touch set himself up for the stupid tackle. Idiot.

We dont have the technique or game intelligence in our players to create against teams like that. Added to the fact (as I said we would be) that we were incapable of keeping a clean sheet it was always mission impossible.

Looking at our setup we had the 3-4 forward players all sitting in a flat line up top with a massive gap between them & the back four who had absolutely no option but to punt it long.

The only one dropping off into the hole between midfield & attack was Cosgrove who’s supposed to be the focal point up front.

McInnes needs to totally rethink how he’s setting his players up and how they are playing as this is just not going to work.

Rejika were decent, but they were a better team last time - but then so were we.

When you look at it, we’ve only played well in 2.5 of our 8 games so far so the early optimism appears unfounded & is certainly well & truly over.

With our budget & that manager this is as far as we’ll ever get in Europe. No chance of getting any further.

That was just garbage - big rethink by DMc required - but I just expect more of the same.

Seriously worried about Sunday too...
    Yip that’s fair comment.
    The two performances that got folk excited were against Championship level teams.
    The last three have been a reality check.
    No goals, no creativity, and a sieve like defence.

Sunday is a big worry.
    No Bryson & Ferguson suspended.
    I’ll take a smelly 1-0 win now.

Looks like it’s going to be a long old season. Again.

It’s not even the going out that bothers me, it’s the manner of it. 4-2-3-1 wasn’t the right formation tonight. 1 or maybe even zero shots on target! Cosgrove not fully fit. Why did he sign Wilson if he can’t even replace a semi fit Cosgrove? Is he signed as a winger? I’d rather we kept May to bring on than Main!

I was listening to DMc on redtv earlier, he brought up previous seasons 1-0 scraped wins. The way he said it made me dread the season ahead.

Just gaadz!

Long been a member of the McInnes out club and after tonights debacle I'd be surprised if this was the minority group.

From formation to tactics to recruitment to "mind games" he just does not have what it takes to take this slowly but surely sinking ship forward to the next level. Never mind getting to the Europa league group stages, he can't even get to the play off qualifying round when teams of much less wealth and support base seem to be able to achieve this.

The time has come to look further afield at a new possible management team, I was highly of the opinion many years ago that Steve Clarke should have got the job long before he did wonders at Kilmarnock. Graham Potter also would've been someone before his last season got him the big money move to the EPL. Why not go for a manager such as the Rijeka one? His team I'm sure would be on less than ours, they don't have the same support base and yet they ran rings around us for most of the 180 minutes.

Technically they were streets ahead of us, whether it was the little triangles, the movement, the feints, the through balls etc they were showing how football really can be played. Even when Aberdeen have had great results in the recent past, have we ever played in a style that this team did tonight? Make no mistake though, this team aren't world beaters, rather they did the simple things well and when they had to break with pace and show a killer side they done it with ease. Again when was the last time you could say that about an Aberdeen side?

As for moving on with the current management team then I think most honest supporters will concede that they are on borrowed time, a defeat this weekend will seriously have them under the most pressure of their tenure and honestly with the current squad and playing style that we deploy on a regular basis I can't see much improvement coming our way.

Tonight was a hard lesson and painful to watch and I can only hope that weak excuses about the referee or injuries etc are trotted out as even with 11 men on the field we were second best at everything.

Predictable pish from McNumpty

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes told BBC Sportsound: "We had a lot of belief we could get the game going our way. It was such a poor start from us, looked a bit too edgy. We allowed them the opportunity to break on us.

"It's such an unusual circumstance and then 15 minutes 1-0 down and down to 10 men and the game is effectively over.

"Such a poor refereeing performance. I've never seen a red card that early for two challenges. Some challenges from our opponents tonight that wasn't even a yellow card offence. I find it really bizarre how he can show Funso Ojo a red card in that situation."

Literaly nothing positive I can think of about that tonight. Awful from beginning to end. Made the whole "mind games" nonsense regarding Cosgrove utterly embarrassing.

Difficult to even analyse the game, just everything was dreadful...

The build up with the whole Cosgrove thing was stupid

The set up with just 1 up front in a game we needed goals was typically negative

The fact we still had two defensive midfielders playing, neither of whom seemed capable of playing the ball in a forward direction that actually found a team mate

The presence of 2 wingers - McGinn and Hedges yet for most of the game we had zero width

The inability of our players to pass the ball and control the ball

Can only think of 1 occasion when our player went past an opponent in the whole game (Ferguson, more luck than anything)

One shot at goal in 90 minutes

Stupid sending off early in the game (deserved red card)

New players tonight... Leigh looked hopeless, very one footed and poor first touch. Gallagher is fast but doesn't seem to know what he's meant to be doing - what position was he actually meant to be playing?! Hedges - good control, but he's always drifting infield, or coming deep to get the ball in our own half. Ojo - useless waste of space tonight. Main - obviously not an easy role coming on in such circumstances, but from recollection he only managed to control the ball properly once in the entire time he was on the park.

Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast