+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 387 of 530 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437487 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    He can稚 see what is happening on the park at times never mind trying out psychic thoughts.
    I knew as soon as I used the word medium that some smart a**e would come back with that

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    I'll judge the transfer window on Sept 1st

a marquee signing striker and a spare winger and a spare full back and this window could still be very good.
    Yip. All depends who.
    Bid for Liam Boyce (allegedly) turned down Friday.
    If we get the 3 positions filled we値l be ok.
    I値l caveat that by saying depends who.
    I suspect 2 loans & 1 permanent maybe.

I値l put my head on the block.

Christian Doidge on a 3 year deal.
    A winger from Championship on loan
    Some nomark jack of all trades defender on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I knew as soon as I used the word medium that some smart a**e would come back with that
    Sorry, couldn稚 help myself.

Having thought the big problem was up front, I'm now actually not so sure where our main problem is...

1. We lack cover in defence due to 3 defenders being injured and 1 suspended. Ball is not a right back, so we've basically got Harrington, Devlin, Considine, Shinnie as the only proper defenders available right now.
    2. We look a bit thin in the defensive midfield positions - Ball and Shinnie should be the first picks there, but if they're playing the full back positions, we've no cover. Too early to make a call on Gleeson but I'd say from today's showing he's not the energetic hardman that we need there.
    3. Our midfield has little drive and creativity. We aren't getting decent balls through to the strikers or out to the wingers - we're relying on big punts from the back. McLean and Christie are being missed already. Ferguson is a good box to box type but he's still young and learning. Forrester looks soft and did very little to impress when he came on.
    4. We're a bit light on wide players. McGinn and GMS have started fairly well this season and look confident and dangerous (they need better quality balls out to them in better positions though) - but we need to other options to come on and change the game if they're not having much joy. Wright is an ok option from the bench, but I think we need another good quality wide man.
    5. Our strikers are woeful - it's not just that they don't score, it's that they don't even look like scoring. Cosgrove has his uses as he's reasonably good in the air, but if he plays 50 games this season he won't score more than 5 times. May will be lucky if he gets a goal before Christmas, even if he ends up playing every week. Anderson scored one and glanced a very good effort just wide in the little time he was on the pitch today. I'd be more confident of him scoring than the other two in the next game, but I can't see McInnes starting him. Anyway, as delighted as I am with Anderson scoring, he's probably not going to bag 20 goals in his first season in the first team, so we still need to bring someone in!

So, on the basis of the first 3 games of the season, it seems we need 1) another right sided defender. 2) a midfielder with some dig and drive. 3) A midfielder with some creative spark. 4) a wide man to offer another option. 5) An experienced striker with a proven goalscoring record.

That's without even thinking about a replacement for Considine at LB which is obviously another area that could be improved upon (before someone points it out!) I don't even know which position is highest priority any more. We really need a fair bit of transfer activity in this coming week.

Was working today so missed the game. Watched very brief highlights looked dire. But for Bruce's bonus point it would've been diabolical! Actually went to watch hibs highlights but put it of after there' 2nd goal. Becuase i fear unless we do really well in our transfer dealings over the next 2-3 weeks we might be struggling to finish higher than hibs never mind the huns.

Mallan would have been a good signing! God out scouting is amature.

Thank f@ck we don’t need a goalkeeper.
    (In reply to Don_Corleone)

Tony Gallacher loan from Liverpool and permanent deals for Hayes, Christie and Moult or Doidge. Hurry up and pull the finger out.

If we’re to be convinced that manager and board are trying to bring the best players within budget to the club - the likes of Forrester and Gleeson will have to offer a lot more than they mustered today.

Lack of creativity alarming today. McGinn looks like he’ll struggle to last full ninety or a couple of games in a week. Mackay-Steven plenty of decent glimpses with history of injury/form. Don’t see Forrester being a success even with th recognition that perhaps too early to write-off. Plan B so far consists of Wright.

Hope the gamble of waiting for the English window to close comes off. At the moment we look well short and recruitment looking suspect again with the exception of Ferguson and Devlin. Hope Milne is willing to back the manager as scraping top six seasons will diminish the reasoning for relocation.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Yip. All depends who.

Bid for Liam Boyce (allegedly) turned down Friday.
    If we get the 3 positions filled we値l be ok.
    I値l caveat that by saying depends who.
    I suspect 2 loans & 1 permanent maybe.

I値l put my head on the block.

Christian Doidge on a 3 year deal.
    A winger from Championship on loan
    Some nomark jack of all trades defender on loan.
    Boyce? I'm not enthused by that

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Was working today so missed the game. Watched very brief highlights looked dire. But for Bruce's bonus point it would've been diabolical! Actually went to watch hibs highlights but put it of after there' 2nd goal. Becuase i fear unless we do really well in our transfer dealings over the next 2-3 weeks we might be struggling to finish higher than hibs never mind the huns.

Mallan would have been a good signing! God out scouting is amature.
    Mallan was an obvious and realistic McLean replacement. Suspect cheaper fee and wage to Forrester also.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Thank f@ck we don’t need a goalkeeper.
    (In reply to Don_Corleone)
    haha indeed, it's about the only position we've got properly covered!

Page 387 of 530 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437487 ... LastLast