+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Euro Prediction League - Knockout Stage

Cheers Mich.

Italy 2 Spain 1
    England 2 Denmark 0

Enthralling first half, bit of a chess game with both teams cancelling each other out but with great speed and skill. First goal may win it.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Enthralling first half, bit of a chess game with both teams cancelling each other out but with great speed and skill. First goal may win it.
    Great game, another "should have been the final" job. And a great result for me of course!

Solid game, though Italy didn’t play all that well. My grandma is Italian, so they’re my second fav international team and I root for them. Selfishly I hope Denmark win tomorrow so that I could stomach a loss to them in the final if it happened.

But I think England should be the favorites and an England-Italy final would be entertaining

The best game yet and thats saying something, this tournament really has got me back into international football again. First half was dominated by Spain who've grown through the tournament. Busquets ran the show and the Italians definitely look less potent without Spinnazola but still played there way back into it. Some terrible penalties, Olmos and Moratta although Jorghino's was quality.

I'm sure the rest of the world are rooting for the romance of a Denmark Italy final, I still think England will make it, although how are we going to react if and when we finally concede a goal? Whatever happens, Southgate, despite the overly pragmatic approach at the start of the tournament, has quietly built an England team we can be proud of... a rare thing that is too.

Stuffy barstewards, an own goal and a dive to win it. Hope Italy put six past them. How many times is Harry Kane going to get away with collapsing to his knees for a free kick every time anyone breaths on him. Nauseating!

Stuffy barstewards, an own goal and a dive to win it. Hope Italy put six past them. How many times is Harry Kane going to get away with collapsing to his knees for a free kick every time anyone breaths on him. Nauseating!
    Fouls: England 10 Denmark 21. Maybe Denmark got what they deserved, justified or not!

Now you sound Welsh .

Denmark gave us a game first half and then parked the bus... It would've been a rout without Schmeichels. I have to agree that unless we are at our best Italy will give us a hiding.

Like most finals, I expect it to be a tense but somewhat boring match. England will defend and try to score on the counter. Italy look less lethal without Spinazzola, but still have a spirit about them. I would be surprised if we saw more than a couple goals in 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Like most finals, I expect it to be a tense but somewhat boring match. England will defend and try to score on the counter. Italy look less lethal without Spinazzola, but still have a spirit about them. I would be surprised if we saw more than a couple goals in 90 minutes.
    I don't think we can afford to sit back and defend against Italy, look back to the first half against Denmark it really didn't work although our passing game eventually wore them down... I'm not sure how this is going to pan out, I think England have the edge quality wise but Italy as you say have passion and a real team ethic, intriguing!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)