+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Where will we finish?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will we finish 2023/24?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    How could any team have "already sussed us"? Unless you mean no other team in L2 has been sussed by any other team, or perhaps you mean there's an army of sussers who watched us playing "friendlies" and and no other team because no one else was worth watching and sussing.
    I'm saying that the way we play is pretty unique at this level. It's an inherently risky strategy, as you leave yourself open to balls in behind. And that's without the mistakes that come with passing it around at the back.

Teams know how to hurt us. In the NL, most teams weren't good enough to take advantage, but in L2, more teams will be.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 11-07-2023 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Just done it. The poll will close the day before we start at Sutton, I'll wait a bit before making my vote.

Edit: Oops, I miscounted the days! It will close on 3rd August, 2 days before we start.
    Thank you, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    MK Dons aside, the sides coming down do not look stronger than those that have gone up. They're all traditionally non-league sides that could well end up back there.

I think the neutrals are getting all excited about Wrexham mostly, and respecting Notts for pushing them all the way and noting some of our incredible gates.
    Yeah sadly I think MK Dons will be too strong for us, whenever they're in this division they're always right up there, I think Stockport will be better than Notts as well.
    On Wrexham you need to remember they only finished 4 points ahead of Notts, not 20 like some people like to make out, hopefully they'll slip up more this season. Looking forward to hopefully beating them at Meadow Lane again.

Voting with what I would be happy with rather than anything else at this stage. 8th -9th I think.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    If we continue to play the high line with the current lack of pace in the defence, then we will struggle to finish above half way... Also, i dont know where how creativity will come from in midfield with Rodders no longer there..
    100% (Apart from the RR comment, I think we have enough in the bank to deal with that).

Promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I'm saying that the way we play is pretty unique at this level. It's an inherently risky strategy, as you leave yourself open to balls in behind. And that's without the mistakes that come with passing it around at the back.

Teams know how to hurt us. In the NL, most teams weren't good enough to take advantage, but in L2, more teams will be.
    Agree with all that. Of course we will be punished more and it will be harder but it's still L2. I've seen more than my fair share of L2 games it's nowt special or even close.

Personally I love our unique way , it's very refreshing, and will continue to even when we are punished far more than last season. Which lets be honest was over egged on here, mainly concentrating on 'what ifs and nearlys'.

Our weaknesses and risks are well known and easy to spot, and as we all know they massively aid our strengths as shown throughout last season.

Naturally we are more of an unknown quantity (less so unfortunately due to so many televised games) than the teams who operated at L2 level last season.

Let's not forget those sides know all the strengths and weaknesses of each other, and will have sussed each other out due to paying each other in recent seasons. Again it's whether you are good enough to take advantage for all involved.

One thing us fans need to do is have faith, keep our nerve when it goes against us in games at the start. The last thing LW and the boys need is overreaction, nervousness in the stands etc. Trust the process. Trust #radar.

Having a dodgy keeper will not help our cause...

It'll be interesting to see the reaction of some on here if we do fall short of the play-offs. Can guarantee there will be a few who said they are happy with just missing out on the play offs or a mid table finish is ok who will be getting their pitchforks out if we do just miss out on the play offs!

If Baldwin's fitness could be guaranteed, then with one quality addition to the back line, I think we could gain promotion, hopefully sailing through the play offs like we did last year

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast