+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 870.000

re: 870.000

[quote="DeeMo"]DeeMo ma loon,

Defence= at present Scotland contribute more per GDP than it gets back and that includes defence budget, An Independent Scotland would have a smaller conventional defence force,perfectly capable of defending Scotlands needs, We wouldn't be spending Billions on trident and other weapons of MD that we can NEVER use,

Currency the pound,

Pensions An Independent Scotland would be much

better placed to honour and improve Pensions and that,s been established by many fiscal commisions

Savings there would be no change,

Taxes depends who you listen too The No side say we would pay more ,The YES side say less, It really depend how we grow the ecomomy An Independent Scotland would be better placed to attract inward investment thus creating more jobs thus widening the tax base thus being able to reduce taxes, But we CAN'T do that in an UK ! we need the powers of Independence,

Health C

The United Kingdom is phucked, it won't get any better.

As soon as Aberdeen's application to join the Bundesliga is accepted I'm moving over there.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27
    Lets give Stewarty a chance.

Rather than cut and paste jobs, which can prove everything and therefore actually prove nothing, how are you going to solve the following problems Stewarty?

Poverty

Obesity

****age pregnancies

Alcoholism

Homelessness.

Never mind reports. Never mind blaming ANY politicians. Never mind rhetoric.

Lets see some workable solutions.
    Aye Aye Dullard a true Unionist using the stock in trade Uniuonist tactic... give me all the difficult questions to answer whilst answering none yourself Ya bassa

Well first thing I have to say we can do anything about these things with the status quo,
    To tackle them we need full powers, So in a way youv'e answered your own question ! But your totally right these things have to be dealt with, Poverty and Homelessness can be sucessfully eradidicated its really a matter of having the will to do it, The resourses are there

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27

improving benefits & actually supporting people to find jobs instead of punishing them

It has long been identified that improving peoples benefits is counter productive as it provides little incentive to find work.

How would you get around this issue?

F*ck me, this is a referendum on self-governance. This place has turned into a political manifesto knocking shop.

99% of the pro / anti issues raised here are for post referendum electioneering.

Quote Originally Posted by WangOneIn

improving benefits & actually supporting people to find jobs instead of punishing them

It has long been identified that improving peoples benefits is counter productive as it provides little incentive to find work.

How would you get around this issue?[/quote]

Oh Jezzo W@nkoneoff, You got me there son, How do I get round this issue ????????, Every Country in the civilised world has a safety net for the more vulnerable citizens, Its called basic human decent values, Do away wi this and you have a dangerous situation, How I get round this is ... firstly vote yes. then take control of our own financial situation, and do the Bizzzo, its really as simple as that,

Whats your solution under UK rule ?

I predict that Mr Stewarty, our pet cybernat is going to explode like a burst balloon on September 19th this year.

We better organise for the social services to to be on standby as their wil be a cooncil hoose in Logie getting smashed to bits due to the man having a nervous breakdown when his SNP loses their vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirddivisionloyal
    I predict that Mr Stewarty, our pet cybernat is going to explode like a burst balloon on September 19th this year.

We better organise for the social services to to be on standby as their wil be a cooncil hoose in Logie getting smashed to bits due to the man having a nervous breakdown when his SNP loses their vote.
    The yes campaign is more than the SNP.

It's also more than Alex Salmond.

I will never vote for the SNP again but am voting Yes. There are many labour supporters who see through the duplicity of their party and will vote Yes.

It is not about party allegience. it is about our future. Do we believe that it will be better under a UK government which will alwys look to serve the English majority first and foremost (as is sensible for them) or are we better in charge of our own destiny.

The interesting thing about this thread and other on this subject, Is how those for a yes vote tend to have a lot of substance in their posts, Whether you agree or not a positive case is being made, On the other hand those opposed to Independence tend to be dismissive condescending and quite often abusive it ranges from "I'm no votin for that fat **** Salmond to all those who advocate Independence is a "cybernat" ! But most importantly those opposed NEVER ever give a positive vision of Scotland after a No vote, Why is that ? It seems parroting the Better Together mantra You cant do this you cant do that, An example of this would be...

"Stewarty is never done telling everyone how shyte everything is, I,d like to know how he intends to make things better.

His position at the moment seems to be " This time next year Rodney..."

Not good enough."

This was posted by a Dullard and the irony of it is breath taking !!!, Now I know this Stewart rabbits on a bit but he does make some very g

Quote Originally Posted by ****slasterection
    The interesting thing about this thread and other on this subject, Is how those for a yes vote tend to have a lot of substance in their posts, Whether you agree or not a positive case is being made, On the other hand those opposed to Independence *blah*,
    The interesting thing about independence threads is the number of first-time posters who pop-up and start signing from the gnat hymn sheet :-)

There's no substance to the yes campaign, it's all ***** and rhetoric and all their promises revolve around telling every other body in the world what to do.

Currency: Up to westminster, not scotland
    Border controls: Up to westminster if it wants them
    EU membership: Up to the other countries in the EU
    Tuition Fees: Up to the EU, and the EU say "no"
    Business: Up to the businesses, so far Standard Life, Shell have said f*** that and looks like RBS and the TSb have to move too.

They seem to have misunderstood independence means scot

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)