+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: message to the board

I understand that we could have got a certain decent Prem midfielder in during the JTW, but the owning club would only stand to £15,000 of his weekly £40,000! Sadly that put him way out of our league and he is now on loan with a different PL team.
    I also suspect that Wilson was a bit of a “panic” loan which clearly has not worked out. Pity, but as it turned out, that has been money wasted.

It is always easy with hindsight “knowing” what we should have done, but dealing with overpaid players and their extremely powerful agents must be incredibly difficult (and frustrating). Each move (or failure to move) regarding a transfer - AT THE TIME - is a gamble, and you are not going to get them all right. CW’s record ain’t that bad overall. Let’s hope he is given the chance to do a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post

CW’s record ain’t that bad overall.
    Not in the JTW.....Ryan and Ricky only had 6 starts between them. Why was this?

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    The fall away has been tantalisingly close though eg Barnsley, Hull, Cardiff , Millwall , Brentford are recent results that could, with just a bit more strength, have seen us nailed into the play offs.

Ifs and buts of course but ultimately disappointing FROM WHERE WE WERE and who knows what a meaningful kitty might have produced.
    We didn't get those results because we weren't good enough individually and collectively to take advantage. It feels worse because its our team, but we aren't the only one. Everyone has a hard-luck story or six and the 'if-only ' this or that.

if chris had had 4m in the jtw we would probably have achieved a top 6 spot he wasnt backed and if he isnt backed this summer i think he will walk

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Not in the JTW.....Ryan and Ricky only had 6 starts between them. Why was this?
    I have no idea, but I’m sure it’s been as big a disappointment to Chris as it has to the rest of us.
    However, it might not be a good idea to write them off completely just yet...............
    Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    We didn't get those results because we weren't good enough individually and collectively to take advantage. It feels worse because its our team, but we aren't the only one. Everyone has a hard-luck story or six and the 'if-only ' this or that.
    Exactly, and that's why a bit more adventurous JTW action might have got us over the line.

Were Huddersfield that much better equipped last year?

Everyone does have hard luck stories FKB and, in SUFC's case, I don't think it's solely down to us being closer to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    I can't for the life of me imagine that McCabe would offer to put that amount of money in, full stop. There was a time when he would (when Robson was in charge), but those days are long gone. I find it very hard to believe that McCabe was the one wanting to put money in and the Prince refusing to match it.

Think about it logically. The Prince has nothing at all to gain by owning a second-rate, shoestring-budget team. He didn't grow up supporting the team, and he's not in his ideal position now by co-owning it. For it to be worth his while as an investor, we need to actually achieve something - and we're never going to get there without a cash injection.

If the Prince was the one who was dragging his heels, why would he even get involved in the first place? And if he didn't have the wedge (either his own or that of other people), why would he not just walk away? He's not got the club in his veins like McCabe. It's a purely business decision for him, surely?
    the prince isnt gonna put money in because he wanted foreign players,mcabe n wilder wanted to buy the british lads,thats exactly why wilder was very very unhappy with prince bog roll. the prince got the blog on cause wilder told him to go forth and multiply with the foreign route. the bog roll phoney then went home with his money. so mcabe was left with giving wilder the poultry sum of about 2 million. quality. and that has come from wilders very very best mate. the same mate that tweeted soommat at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    the prince isnt gonna put money in because he wanted foreign players,mcabe n wilder wanted to buy the british lads,thats exactly why wilder was very very unhappy with prince bog roll. the prince got the blog on cause wilder told him to go forth and multiply with the foreign route. the bog roll phoney then went home with his money. so mcabe was left with giving wilder the poultry sum of about 2 million. quality. and that has come from wilders very very best mate. the same mate that tweeted soommat at the time
    Twirls in your opinion d'ya think Chris will walk? I noticed he was favrit for the Sunnerlan job but Big Mick's now odds on(i know odds can change wi someone havin a fiver on)I would be gutted if Chris walked,i wouldn't stop goin but i wunt be a very happy BLADE if the worst happened.Ronaldo gioer wi tryin to be like E89,all these clues,tha knows i'm no Sherlock,gi us a name for the loanee mi owd pal. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 30-04-2018 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    So McCabe has suddenly decided that he wants to put money in? And serious amounts? Sorry, mate. I don't buy it. And that mate of Wilder's, I believe, has been accused of sh1t-stirring before.

to be honest i dont see the problem looking at the foreign market but if chris has his favoured route thats fine with me and if the prince cant see what a fantastic ambitious manager we have and throws his toys out of the pram hes a fool and we would probably be better off without him i do think however one area we are gonna have to look at is the salary situation even with loans were missing out on quality players because it doesnt fit in with our wage structure james wilson came within that structure and we all know how thats panned out

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast