+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Burchnall gone - BBC

Lots of assumptions flying around here.

Do we really know that the bros are happy staying in the NL forever? Have we seen the accounts to be able to say that they are not putting money in?

Genuine question.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That was soon in my head as a concern. There three players instantly I would be very disappointed if they went with him.

I don't believe IBs time at Notts warrants anyone to be delighted or devastated with his departure. I suspect 95% will be somewhere in between those extremes.
    Burchy Bandwagon no sooner begun then broken?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I don't believe IBs time at Notts warrants anyone to be delighted or devastated with his departure. I suspect 95% will be somewhere in between those extremes.
    Agree.

One point I want to make though is that this was in the offing for a while....
    He was being asked questions about it for a couple of weeks now, and we can remember his non-committal answers and saying he was concentrating on Notts (he doth protest too much, methinks)

Obviously the timing of all this, as a potential or real distraction, in the most important week of the season was appalling. And Doyle going too.
    I can't imagine the brothers being too chuffed about that...
    5 at the back for a crucial home game, Chicksen on the wing, then 'see ya' 84 hours later. Thanks a bunch
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 27-05-2022 at 01:12 PM.

I too have looked in my "Bothered Bag", and found nothing there. It will be interesting to see how his Forest Green team copes in L1 - particularly against the big teams, if they are set up to play most of the match in their own half.

Some of the goals we scored with our style when we finally did get the ball forward were a joy to watch, but the endless pedestrian passing about at the back drove me nuts. We had no nasty bar-steward (or 2) in the middle to get stuck in and win the ball back, - too dependent of the opposition losing the ball of their own accord. The reluctance to have people in the box at the right end when it mattered also drove me nuts. We could have Billy Sharp up front for us and he would score less than 10 in a season with this style of play.
    As for Doyle, he contributed not a lot as far as I could see, so once again, a glance in the bothered-bag reveals nothing.

In the beginning Burch seemed a decent option, but he lost it with me quite early on at the fans forum in the Pavis when someone asked him why we didn't shoot when we had the opportunity, particularly from the edge of the box. The questioner basically got shot down when Burch said something along the lines of "because most goals are scored from within the 6 yard box, so my teams will pass it on and on until we get an opportunity there"

All in all it's been an experiment. A 15-month experiment. And it's failed.

Not seen any accounts and would love to know that answer too.
    But I'm not convinced that playing in League 2 would be more lucrative?
    Does anyone know?

We've had pretty good crowds - and it doesn't feel as though we have stretched the player budget much.
    The sort of signing that a club makes in January for a promotion push didn't happen.

if we're not breaking even I can't imagine anyone could in this league

Quickly on Doyle - I think it's really hard to know what kind of difference any assistant makes.
    If you want to do something but are over-ruled by your manager should you be judged on that?

I was hoping that Michael Doyle might have injected a bit of steel and passion and grit into the team.
    I don't see much - so perhaps (but only perhaps) that's his fault.

I've never detected his influence so am not sorry to see him leave.
    I was far more worried that he'd get the manager's job!!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Lots of assumptions flying around here.

Do we really know that the bros are happy staying in the NL forever? Have we seen the accounts to be able to say that they are not putting money in?

Genuine question.
    A 6,800 average must generate a pretty decent percentage of income required to genuinely compete for the title at this level.
    Three years in now and we haven't been top 2 apart from week 1 of this season after beating Barnet 5-0, which hardly counts.
    Perhaps they are still paying off their purchase price (which included the debt), if not then if they are putting money in it's evidently not being spent wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    A 6,800 average must generate a pretty decent percentage of income required to genuinely compete for the title at this level.
    Three years in now and we haven't been top 2 apart from week 1 of this season after beating Barnet 5-0, which hardly counts.
    Perhaps they are still paying off their purchase price (which included the debt), if not then if they are putting money in it's evidently not being spent wisely.
    If it is confirmed that they are still paying off the debt recklessly racked up by the previous owner then I must send them a thank you card.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    There was an article, in the post? Which claimed the Broz had spent 11-12tee mill since taking over Notts. Since our running costs prob require a 1.5 mill a season ''contribution'', then the rest must be on debt.

Anyone who think the Reedtz brothers aren't investing doesn't understand what on earth they are talking about. Since they've come in, we have a training ground, the infrastructure behind the scenes has improved immeasurably and we've been up and around the promotion places in all seasons.

Just because they won't spend £8k a week on Ollie Palmer (I literally can not believe how much Wrexham and Stockport have paid for some of their players!) doesn't mean they're not investing in the football club, they're doing wisely which means putting in foundations to allow us to grow in the long term rather than short term gains that bankrupt us

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast