+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Yeap we're in the sh** it seems... Thanks, Mel

Funny how people remember history how they want to, isn't it. Equally never learn from it. I'm glad I never had to teach it: at least if you saw a bit of wood in half it stays cut (or does it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Es*** is right. 8M for a player is a great figure. Of course try for more but if it's 8M then take it.
    How many players not sold on to a Prem club can get you 8M.
    Vydra might be good last season but he's not yet proven over a period of time in the top flight.
    But you might get the 2M you seek for some of the others. That's the Championship for you.
    £8m is a good price for a golden boot winner please... whose valuation we bought him for from Watford was the same price and he was in a lower state of mind performance wise when we got him and wasn’t Watford’s first choice player and we made him back to his best when he got previously promoted from the championship with Watford.

And there for he is worth at least £15m.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramspudnik View Post

It doesn’t matter if his contract was running out and this lark of his value goes down because of it, no it doesn’t it means you get the best deal possible out of the current situation and sell him at the best possible price but as usual with Derby negotiating good deals with players is not in their forte.
    I give up. Its like trying to teach those who will not learn. It is everything to do with the remaining life of the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I give up. Its like trying to teach those who will not learn. It is everything to do with the remaining life of the contract.
    Oh! please it doesn’t have anything to do with the ramining life of the contract, it’s all about the value of the player and their age if Chris Baird contract was running down and we got offered £600,000 for him then yes! I take it but for anythink like Vydra you can think again he is worth more.

Common sense at the club and good negotiating is all that is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramspudnik View Post
    Moan about the unfairness and i wonder why because people looking to find a way to get me banned at the least opportune moment.
    Actually I think the word 'most' would be better than 'least'.

Ok fair enough. I won't be clarmouring for you to be banned.
    Tell you what, let's talk football like before.
    With the WC due and your 'wonderful' ideas of football, I think we could have a good discussion on it. Especially your predictions.
    In fact let me start a thread on the England team and I'd like to hear your views on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Actually I think the word 'most' would be better than 'least'.

Ok fair enough. I won't be clarmouring for you to be banned.
    Tell you what, let's talk football like before.
    With the WC due and your 'wonderful' ideas of football, I think we could have a good discussion on it. Especially your predictions.
    In fact let me start a thread on the England team and I'd like to hear your views on it.
    That Scott Carson didn’t make the cut as did Ryan Sessegnon.... Well The FA are Premier League biased, which is why we haven’t been able to win a World Cup since 1966.

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    in the Telegraph today, get the 8M offered and bite their hands off, he ain't that good otherwis
    P
    e Premier League teams would of snapped him up by now,
    You need to satisfy FFP, selling players that have failed can't be a bad thing, start again on nil points and rebuild, again!.
    Es*** Don't you get worrying about our FFP it was your club that broke the rules and got a transfer embargo In sure your owner will be able to bribe enough matches to keep you safe next season Vydra has played in the Prem for two teams if we get 8million for him it will be more than your squad is worth

Vydra's stock value to Derby is unlikely to ever be as high as it is currently. He's the golden boot holder, made the league XI and was voted players and fans player of the year. Is he likely to ever replicate all of that in a Rams shirt?

We have been guilty of holding on to players too long before with subsequent valuations dropping before the ink was dry on the new contracts.

If we had avaialble funds you would build a side around a player of his calibre. However we are the exact opposite and it would appear that he is our best hope of funding multiple new faces.

Indirectly he could have a major impact but surely he can't go for a penny less than 10m.

It's time to cash in and GR knows it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ratherwisemspudnik View Post
    Commons was worth more than £600,000 that we sold him for to Celtic, he was at least worth at tht tim
    e £4-5m worest orth.
    I
    Shambolic decision on Cloughs behalf...
    Commons made it clear he wouldn't be signing a new contract So any club has to get what they can otherwise the player walks away for nothing That's what Commons did to Forest as well as us

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Commons made it clear he wouldn't be signing a new contract So any club has to get what they can otherwise the player walks away for nothing That's what Commons did to Forest as well as us
    Commons made it clear he wouldn’t be signing a new contract because the club couldn’t make a deal with him and meet his demands, so they sold him on for the cheap which was preposterous and hopefully we don’t see the same fate with the likes of Vydra.

Though Vydra’s contract isn’t running out as we have to sell him to free up wages as Mel wants to cut the wages down and cut spending to a bare minimum, we have to sell Vydra to be able to bring in players to boost our squad that is capable on achieving promotion at last.

That is why we need every penny we can get off the players we have at this club, to turn this failure of a team of ours who have not gotten us promoted into a promotion winning team.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)