+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Forget the points tally here is the real problem,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    It could be argued that some of the blame can STILL be pointed towards ST. His actions installed a deep rooted negativity that some fans still cant get over and are now used to constantly picking out the negatives in anything they see on the park.

The quality of the squad along with performances and results now (although on a bad run) are worlds apart from what was seen under Mixu, Ray and Csaba.
    disagree with all of this to be honest, the snakes long gone, that's all in the past thankfully. All people are quite rightly concerned about is the poor displays and results. To be totally honest i think the displays of late are on par with Ray etc except we've got better players which probably makes it worse

Believe it or not one enjoys moaning, we all just want a team that can perform and get results, lately we've have neither hence the concern

I believe you don't enjoy moaning but I suspect there are plenty that do. 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    One of the owners goals in the long term plan was to get out of this league so yes all Robbie admirerers can say he is achieving.
    The main gripe isn't about getting out this league as that should be a given now, it's about the other parts of the long term plan and I don't remember that plan including coming straight back down.

This is the fear the non Robbie admirers have and the way we have been playing/set up to play only makes that scenario a reality.
    It's not a fear I have because I absolutely do not expect this team to be playing in the Premiership. We'll make the necessary signings to allow us to compete at a higher level. If we went up and didn't invest, then of course there would be a chance of coming straight back down, but that's simply not going to happen. So anyone getting their knickers in a twist about coming straight back down needs to chill the **** out imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I believe you don't enjoy moaning but I suspect there are plenty that do. ��
    no chance mate, any normal person moaning about stuff pisses you off, its sh1te, its better to be happy and that stems from coming away from games happy. During our run posters, myself included would post how we were poor but a great result never the less and we were happy, pubs were buzzing, feel good factor wasn't much of a moan at the time but it was still highlighted.

Now the poor performances are now coupled with poor results. Has our luck ran out? Is it RN? is it injuries? Have teams sussed us out? probs a bot of all to be fair...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    no chance mate, any normal person moaning about stuff pisses you off, its sh1te, its better to be happy and that stems from coming away from games happy. During our run posters, myself included would post how we were poor but a great result never the less and we were happy, pubs were buzzing, feel good factor wasn't much of a moan at the time but it was still highlighted.

Now the poor performances are now coupled with poor results. Has our luck ran out? Is it RN? is it injuries? Have teams sussed us out? probs a bot of all to be fair...
    Agree.......... many a time we've ended up back in the pub saying "stole that ane" or "poor performance , but still 20 ahead oh the Dees" etc. But now we are stealing nout and as you say the poor performances and results seem to be linked.

Was happy with the draw midweek, but felt a wee bit annoyed at myself for being happy with it.

The feel good factor has gone. The.....we are still gonna win the league seems to be the common ground.

I'm sure we will all be well happy when the league is won....... (hopefully by us)

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    It could be argued that some of the blame can STILL be pointed towards ST. His actions installed a deep rooted negativity that some fans still cant get over and are now used to constantly picking out the negatives in anything they see on the park.

The quality of the squad along with performances and results now (although on a bad run) are worlds apart from what was seen under Mixu, Ray and Csaba.
    Until we are out this bloody league, the person who got us here cannot be discounted as the root cause of our demise and anger! But it is frustrating that there is a huge amount of work put in at all levels of the club, building a great foundation for the future, and we have the same winter turndown of the ET/ST era!

If the quality of the squad is as good as you say, how come when we loose Clark, Watson, Butcher, and arguably Stanton, it all leads to what we saw away at Dunfermline, that was worse than anything i saw under the last 3 managers!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post

Spot on.

RN has made some tactical errors. In my own opinion they are being blown out of proportion and are errors that most managers at this level and in this country make throughout a season.

Injuries also. Clark is the obvious one and we miss him massively but we've not had a settled team for a while due to injuries. Butcher out at the minute, we had a couple of games where Appere and McMullan both missed out (15 assists between them and around 9 goals i think).

As for teams sussing us out, it seems pretty clear this has happened and is always likely to happen given we've played every team 3 times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post

If the quality of the squad is as good as you say, how come when we loose Clark, Watson, Butcher, and arguably Stanton, it all leads to what we saw away at Dunfermline, that was worse than anything i saw under the last 3 managers!
    Bad games happen now and again in football. I dont think there is a single player in our current main playing squad that wouldnt have been welcomed with open arms into any of our squads in our previous 3 season in this league? Would you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    And for all we know we may end the season in excellent form scoring goals a poor, just need to stick with it.. There were good signs last home game, played well then fought like mad for the win (so blows balumbies comment about lack of fight etc recently)

The reaction to a few poor performances and results is disappointing and talk of coming back down and all the defeatist stuff getting rolled out is sad to see in such a positive period on the journey back.
    “blows” my comment? So a bit of fight against ICT, but none against Alloa the game before, or Dunfermline and Ayr following that game?
    Aye, “blows it out of the water” right enough.....only in your head though! Clown!

Neilson now quoted as saying our good form earlier in the season was unsustainable.... like that somehow justifies the performances we are now getting.... of course we were never going to keep winning at a rate like 9 in a row, but we should never be near the bottom of the form charts like we are then try to justify that either

Robbie seems completely incapable of seeing he is a large part of the reason our form changed by messing about with the team, the problem is he will continue to chop and change to figure it back out, when what we really need is to pick what was working earlier and actually stick with it for 2-3 games and play our selves back in to form and get the league officially won.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)