+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans' Forum [01.05.24]

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Really ! Someone asked about tea, coffee and sausage rolls 😆 I've got to listen now to hear that whopper
    I know the bloke asking said it was lighthearted but he wanted to know if we were going to get a club song to take advantage of the new (very god) speaker system (it was suggested that Jake Bugg be asked to write on). 1001 questions to be asked and the only one I heard was when Malcolm(?) queried the defensive frailties and asked what was being done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    Maynard should've done more to defend Cameron. He's about as exciting as a BT engineer explaining your broadband fix. Big negative sapping my enthusiasm for next season.
    What was there to defend? Cameron isn't captain material, never really has been. I think he'd be a better defender without the weight of the captaincy on him. I never saw him bo**ck anyone after mistakes that lead to goals ever! Just stood there looking sad. His interviews shows he's far too nice for the job. I have a feeling there'll be a new captain next season from one of the players we bring in.

The questions were embarrassing in general and most didn't have any to ask.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 02-05-2024 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    What was there to defend? Cameron isn't captain material, never really has been. I think he'd be a better defender without the weight of the captaincy on him. I never saw him bo**ck anyone after mistakes that lead to goals ever! Just stood there looking sad. His interviews shows he's far too nice for the job. I have a feeling they'll be a new captain next season from one of the players we bring in.

The questions were embarrassing in general and most didn't have any to ask.
    Changing captain doesn't always help build team spirit. It's just an armband in the end of the day. Let's be honest, the actual captain was JOB when he was on the pitch last season

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Changing captain doesn't always help build team spirit. It's just an armband in the end of the day. Let's be honest, the actual captain was JOB when he was on the pitch last season
    A captain NEEDS to be a leader, Cameron isn't a leader. As I said he never lead on the pitch, he even admitted that he only ever thinks of how he's playing. He should be thinking of how others are playing and picking them up if needed. I do think he'll play better without the arm band.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    That's why we need another JOB and JOBmkII should be the captain to galvanize the team as required. For SM to trot out the "look what he did last season" sentimental rubbish was just ridiculous but he can't be expected to be negative about a squad player on a public forum. They certainly need to bite the bullet and have a new Captain for the start of pre-season.

Maynard should've done more to defend Cameron. He's about as exciting as a BT engineer explaining your broadband fix. Big negative sapping my enthusiasm for next season.
    ... golden rule ' praise in public, bollo....g in private. Break that rule at your peril!

Maynard is so dull and uninspiring. Particularly poor answer to corner at FGR.
    He was obviously more interested in the possession stats than us trying to score a goal..

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... golden rule ' praise in public, bollo....g in private. Break that rule at your peril!
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He was obviously more interested in the possession stats than us trying to score a goal..
    ... how about that the club haven't yet worked out how the stats looked good but performance did? Perhaps some of the smart alec's on here explain how Macca can miss the target from 4 yards ... (replies should be good ... waiting) ...

... didn't...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast