+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Maloney or Ross

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Agree with you but I think he must listen to someone because of a couple of things. Why did he not follow through on his decision to appoint McIntyre and Dodds, and how did he manage to persuade Mark McGhee to come to Dens. someone helped him to make these decisions, imo. I don't think anyone yhad McGhee as a serious contender on any of the Furums and someone must have persuaded him that Dodds was a step too far given the universal condemnation of Dodds on the Forums.
    He has someone read the forums and pass the info on to him. That's how he sussed the Dodds feeling.

Can only have been Strachan that touted McGhee however the decision to sack McPake, at entirely the worst possible time, had Nelms written all over it but he must have known McGhee was ready to step in. He was obviously of the opinion that McGhee could actually make a difference. Had that name been mentioned on forums he'd have known how unpopular it would have been. It wasn't and he didn't find out until the appointment was made by which time was too late. I even doubt he knew about the touchline ban that was hanging over McGhee.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    He has someone read the forums and pass the info on to him. That's how he sussed the Dodds feeling.

Can only have been Strachan that touted McGhee however the decision to sack McPake, at entirely the worst possible time, had Nelms written all over it but he must have known McGhee was ready to step in. He was obviously of the opinion that McGhee could actually make a difference. Had that name been mentioned on forums he'd have known how unpopular it would have been. It wasn't and he didn't find out until the appointment was made by which time was too late. I even doubt he knew about the touchline ban that was hanging over McGhee.
    I think that the person who used to read the forums is no longer employed by the club. Therefore Nelms no longer receives first hand information of what is being posted on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I think that the person who used to read the forums is no longer employed by the club. Therefore Nelms no longer receives first hand information of what is being posted on the forums.
    Didn't know that Islay. However if that particular person is away then someone else will have been tasked with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Elvis is in the building the morrow. You have branched out a bit as malone obviously stalling. He is one of 5 i think in contention the noo.

Just a question what did you all do with the stupid DOON specs? quite fancy a pair for my summer hols.

The irony is slightly funny for a second then i get bored and care about my own team and my passport of course.
    What’s wrong with your “look at me, I’m a pr1ck “ orange ones

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    What’s wrong with your “look at me, I’m a pr1ck “ orange ones
    Ha ha brilliant ��

Didn't know that Islay. However if that particular person is away then someone else will have been tasked with it.
    I remember posting information about the number of Dee Promotions members on the DBF and I received an email from this member of staff at Dens Park telling me that the information in my post was wrong.
    I promptly posted on DBF stating that I had posted the wrong number of Dee Promotions members and apologised for my error.
    On another occasion there was a topic on the DBF in December 2018 which was about a lack of communication from Dundee Football Club.
    The topic continued until after the middle of January 2019 when I posted that the Dundee FC in the Community Trust Seniors Group was in disarray.
    I received a phone call from Lewis Melee who was the manager of the Dundee FC in the Community Trust telling me that someone in the club had noticed my post on the Dark Blues Forum and my information was wrong.
    According to the Community Trust website the Seniors Group meeting due to take place at the end of November 2018 had been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances and the members would receive an update of the date of the next meeting.
    Nearly two months later no details about the date of the next meeting had been posted on the Dundee FC in the Community Trust website.
    The unforeseen circumstances were that Steve Martin who was in charge of arranging Seniors Group meetings had been forced to resign as a director of Dundee Football Club and nobody from the Community Trust had stepped up to organise the next meeting and future meetings.
    Steve did an excellent job of arranging the Seniors Group meetings and inviting people to speak at the meetings. It was a sad loss when he stopped organising the meetings.
    My post had the desired effect.
    A Dundee FC in the Community Trust Seniors Group meeting was promptly organised with Gerard Dignan who is a trustee taking the meeting speaking about his hobby of keeping newspaper reports and information about Dundee FC matches.
    Meanwhile I had a ‘face to face’ meeting in the Alex Hamilton lounge with Lewis Melee and Craig Murray who was the Chairman of the Dundee FC in the Community Trust board of directors.
    We had a full and frank discussion about the lack of communication regarding the date of the next Seniors Group meeting and the lack of information on the Community Trust website.
    Messrs Melee and Murray told me that they posted their information on the Community Trust Facebook Page.
    I replied that I did not use Facebook and it was likely that a number of the Seniors Group members did also not use Facebook.
    They agreed to also post information on the Community Trust website.

I remember posting information about the number of Dee Promotions members on the DBF and I received an email from this member of staff at Dens Park telling me that the information in my post was wrong.
    I promptly posted on DBF stating that I had posted the wrong number of Dee Promotions members and apologised for my error.
    On another occasion there was a topic on the DBF in December 2018 which was about a lack of communication from Dundee Football Club.
    The topic continued until after the middle of January 2019 when I posted that the Dundee FC in the Community Trust Seniors Group was in disarray.
    I received a phone call from Lewis Melee who was the manager of the Dundee FC in the Community Trust telling me that someone in the club had noticed my post on the Dark Blues Forum and my information was wrong.
    According to the Community Trust website the Seniors Group meeting due to take place at the end of November 2018 had been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances and the members would receive an update of the date of the next meeting.
    Nearly two months later no details about the date of the next meeting had been posted on the Dundee FC in the Community Trust website.
    The unforeseen circumstances were that Steve Martin who was in charge of arranging Seniors Group meetings had been forced to resign as a director of Dundee Football Club and nobody from the Community Trust had stepped up to organise the next meeting and future meetings.
    Steve did an excellent job of arranging the Seniors Group meetings and inviting people to speak at the meetings. It was a sad loss when he stopped organising the meetings.
    My post had the desired effect.
    A Dundee FC in the Community Trust Seniors Group meeting was promptly organised with Gerard Dignan who is a trustee taking the meeting speaking about his hobby of keeping newspaper reports and information about Dundee FC matches.
    Meanwhile I had a ‘face to face’ meeting in the Alex Hamilton lounge with Lewis Melee and Craig Murray who was the Chairman of the Dundee FC in the Community Trust board of directors.
    We had a full and frank discussion about the lack of communication regarding the date of the next Seniors Group meeting and the lack of information on the Community Trust website.
    Messrs Melee and Murray told me that they posted their information on the Community Trust Facebook Page.
    I replied that I did not use Facebook and it was likely that a number of the Seniors Group members did also not use Facebook.
    They agreed to also post information on the Community Trust website.
    Steve Martin was not the person that used to monitor social media on behalf of the club, in fact Steve used to post on MAD, neither were the other names you mentioned. The rest of your post bears no relevance to the point you were addressing.

Actually, considering that they are the people you thought might be the 'mole', or 'grass' if you will, I'm now pretty sure that the person I know for a fact monitors the social media, someone who has 'progressed from volunteer to key member of staff at one of the biggest clubs in Scottish football' is still employed by the club.

Steve Martin was not the person that used to monitor social media on behalf of the club, in fact Steve used to post on MAD, neither were the other names you mentioned. The rest of your post bears no relevance to the point you were addressing.

Actually, considering that they are the people you thought might be the 'mole', or 'grass' if you will, I'm now pretty sure that the person I know for a fact monitors the social media, someone who has 'progressed from volunteer to key member of staff at one of the biggest clubs in Scottish football' is still employed by the club.
    I never said or implied that Steve Martin monitored social media on behalf of the club.
    I know exactly which former member of staff employed by Dundee Football Club sent me that email regarding my incorrect post about Dee Promotions on the DBF and it was NOT Steve Martin.

Who is this ‘mystery’ person that monitors the social media posts on the Dundee FC forums.

Who is this ‘mystery’ person that monitors the social media posts on the Dundee FC forums.
    There's no mystery, just give it some thought.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)