+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Absolute dross

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I think we’ve been worse playing 442 . He tried that first game against Burton and we’ve been better since he changed it .
    Well it's all about opinions ESR , but the results still don't stack up and he binned Hammill and Isgrove based on 45 minutes .

Just my opinion , it's a bad situation he's inherited .

It's far from over of course and he could turn it around , it's more hope than belief with me .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong acido , why on earth would i I'd ever want to see the club struggling just to score points ?

You havin a laff acido ?

The deal here is pretty simple , like it or not the club drove the former HC out and up the M1 , they knew better than he did is the vibes I'm getting .

He wore it as much as was humanly possible before he took the opportunity to get out while he still had a career .

Now I ain't saying he ticked every box because he didn't but we'd have had more chance of staying up with him in charge and more importantly his opinions valued .

Are you seriously telling me the current HC is better placed to guide this ship to safer waters given the situation he's inherited , his lack of a genuine record under his own steam , his lack of any real commitment to a job given the club's he's involved himself with , the fact that he's made a ton of money on the back of pay off's , really !!! , nobody else in the championship bothered to hire him given it's competitive nature and the size of club's he associated himself with .

This isn't a point scoring exercise acido it's an opinion based on what I see .

The demise of the club is a collective failure in my opinion , you seemed to point all the blame on the former HC , it wasn't so .

There are some seriously flawed individuals within the club in my opinion , some have departed and some remain and the new owners again in my opinion are out of their depth with the current situation .

The fans as ever remain , when someone actually considers their feelings it will be the first time for many a long year .

Exactly how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well it's all about opinions ESR , but the results still don't stack up and he binned Hammill and Isgrove based on 45 minutes .

Just my opinion , it's a bad situation he's inherited .

It's far from over of course and he could turn it around , it's more hope than belief with me .
    Can’t see Hammill playing under this coach if what I’ve heard is true

Hammill and Isgrove have been very poor this season

Are you able to share with us what you've heard ESR?

Summats not reyt darn theear.

Al throw this thought in the mix. In January 2017 Linton Brown left as CEO in still unexplained circumstances and we expected a new CEO to be appointed in reasonable time. Heckingbottom took on the roles of both HC and CEO for what he probably thought worra few weeks. Tha cud see it wo draining him as went on month after month and it wont until June that up popped the Marketing and Development Director Gauthier Ganaye from FC Lens. He seemed to have been given a key role in operating the Spreadsheet System as part of The Plan of buying young and cheap with potential sell-on value, polishing diamonds and turds, and selling for profit. It appeared from the outside that it worked by the HC being given a list of players identified by the Spreadsheet and the HC being asked for his views with little prior knowledge of them.
    It led to a gradual worsening of relationships darn theear with the HC making comments abart the squad being unbalanced and what we really need is X, Y and Z suggesting he had diminishing input abart which players were coming in. It led to the post Rotherham friendly outburst from the HC abart being dealt a crock of sh1te for the upcoming season. Even the one player the HC was keen to get in, McBurnie from Swansea, was c0cked up, still unexplained who was to blame. It is unsurprising relationships were not the finest.
    Then focus was diverted to the takeover, eventually leading to an overseas consortium buying the club whose motives for doing so remain unclear. They declared they were delighted with The Plan/ Spreadsheet system of operating with much being made of Billy Beane's similar approach to working. "Too good to be true", "We wont be spending crazy money" Experience at OGC Nice showed they had little intention to invest in the football side of things and were happy as long as the books balanced. OGC Nice has declined from them inheriting a squad capable of gaining a Champions League place to a mid table non entity with fans moaning abart lack of football investment and players like Ballotelli and Seri abart to jump ship.
    More of the same was the future at Barnsley and Heckingbottom was gone at his first real opportunity. The consortium had arrived mid December giving them time to assess the club's football situation and perhaps look to allowing some of their vast wealth to bring in some experienced players but that was not to be. The appointment of a new HC was apparently delegated to an increasingly influential Ganaye, young James Cryne and the Club Accountant. They were starstruck by this unemployed candidate who had worked as one of Mourinho's coaches and who had worked with top players when perhaps what was needed was somebody with knowledge of what was needed in a Championship dog fight. The French CEO was happy he had got his man, someone happy to work with the Spreadsheet.
    Interesting times ahead with the French CEO in a powerful position but summats not reyt darn theear.

well izzy has been injured nearly 3/4 of the season and looks nervous trying not to get injured again.
    hammill speaks his mind and im guessing he has pointed their failures out to them but yes hammill has not impressed when he has needed to impress given the bit part role he has played this season.
    but i feel he is still the clubs best player.

Once more YB I am in total agreement with you
    I also believe that we have one of our potential better players out on loan at Scunny
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 18-03-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Summats not reyt darn theear.

Al throw this thought in the mix. In January 2017 Linton Brown left as CEO in still unexplained circumstances and we expected a new CEO to be appointed in reasonable time. Heckingbottom took on the roles of both HC and CEO for what he probably thought worra few weeks. Tha cud see it wo draining him as went on month after month and it wont until June that up popped the Marketing and Development Director Gauthier Ganaye from FC Lens. He seemed to have been given a key role in operating the Spreadsheet System as part of The Plan of buying young and cheap with potential sell-on value, polishing diamonds and turds, and selling for profit. It appeared from the outside that it worked by the HC being given a list of players identified by the Spreadsheet and the HC being asked for his views with little prior knowledge of them.
    It led to a gradual worsening of relationships darn theear with the HC making comments abart the squad being unbalanced and what we really need is X, Y and Z suggesting he had diminishing input abart which players were coming in. It led to the post Rotherham friendly outburst from the HC abart being dealt a crock of sh1te for the upcoming season. Even the one player the HC was keen to get in, McBurnie from Swansea, was c0cked up, still unexplained who was to blame. It is unsurprising relationships were not the finest.
    Then focus was diverted to the takeover, eventually leading to an overseas consortium buying the club whose motives for doing so remain unclear. They declared they were delighted with The Plan/ Spreadsheet system of operating with much being made of Billy Beane's similar approach to working. "Too good to be true", "We wont be spending crazy money" Experience at OGC Nice showed they had little intention to invest in the football side of things and were happy as long as the books balanced. OGC Nice has declined from them inheriting a squad capable of gaining a Champions League place to a mid table non entity with fans moaning abart lack of football investment and players like Ballotelli and Seri abart to jump ship.
    More of the same was the future at Barnsley and Heckingbottom was gone at his first real opportunity. The consortium had arrived mid December giving them time to assess the club's football situation and perhaps look to allowing some of their vast wealth to bring in some experienced players but that was not to be. The appointment of a new HC was apparently delegated to an increasingly influential Ganaye, young James Cryne and the Club Accountant. They were starstruck by this unemployed candidate who had worked as one of Mourinho's coaches and who had worked with top players when perhaps what was needed was somebody with knowledge of what was needed in a Championship dog fight. The French CEO was happy he had got his man, someone happy to work with the Spreadsheet.
    Interesting times ahead with the French CEO in a powerful position but summats not reyt darn theear.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Once more YB I am in total agreement with you
    I also believe that we have one of our potential better players out on loan at Scunny
    I thought McGeehan would be a good signing but he can’t even get a game at Scunny

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    well izzy has been injured nearly 3/4 of the season and looks nervous trying not to get injured again.
    hammill speaks his mind and im guessing he has pointed their failures out to them but yes hammill has not impressed when he has needed to impress given the bit part role he has played this season.
    but i feel he is still the clubs best player.
    Agree he looks nervous but can we pick someone who darent get stuck into a tackle? Also Hammill has played in 34 games this season and done nothing for me under both coaches

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast