+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Burnley(home)predictions

re: Burnley(home)predictions

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover
    Couldn't of put it any better myself champs
    Every time this fixture comes around the board gets flooded by the idiots of Burnley.
    Strange but once it passes only a small group of the true fans of the clarets remain.

excatly. Funny how none of these muppets are around at any other time.
    Its good we have Alf, Stan, Padders, Yorky etc, as they are just normal clarets.

These excited lads turning up telling us its our cup final. Oh the irony. The fact they had to come on here to tell us this, always makes me laugh.

And the fact I actually wish them well and hope they get themselves up seems to confuse the hell out of them.

We all know the rountine by now, its been this way for my whole lifetime.

They come on get very excited, lose, get shown up and disappear off...then a week before the next derby match,they all tyrn up and do it again.

The whole thing makes me laugh.

My head's telling me we could get spanked. I can't write the 'D' word, so a draw. Score, no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by M14VAY
    Ouch! It hurts champs I understand but please do not tar me with this brush your waving around.
    I haven't disrespected you or your club but facts are facts dont get ate up.
    we have been the little scruffy neighbours for far to long and now the sun is shining on us you get all upset and start the calling.
    "It's rovers cup final not ours this is the last game rovers have to salvage anything from another mediocre championship season"

It's comments like the above that mean you are exactly the type that should be tarred with said brush.

You lot really do make me laugh. You genuinely all seem to think that's it, job done, the sands have shifted. Phuck me, all because of about 18 months of football.

And yet none of you appear to have spotted the irony. You have gone on about us being arrogant for decades now. Maybe some were, but we were competing at a higher level than you (for a period the highest level) fo

Dont dazzle the poor lad with logic Dunny.

Let them be excited, its going to be funny. Remember we know the final page of this little story.
    We have heard it before.
    They get a manager, who stumbles onto a winning formula. It is a one off, as he simply never got results like this. For now, its looking a complete one off. That happens in football.
    They go up, he leaves, the better players do aswell. And they are subsequently relegated. And revert back to exactly what they are.
    Owen Coyle was a footballing genius I seem to remember. The best thing since sliced bread. A legend.
    He left, he became rubbish overnight & labelled judas.
    Now, he never was any good. We told them that, but no...same lads pile on here, tell us 'this is their year'
    We do the double and none are seen again. Until this week...and shock horror, what are they saying? All the same *******s. Just enjoy sunday, and the season, and dont get too ahead of yourselves. Ask, what happened last time? Did going up mean hu

I'm with Alf on this one. It's ridiculous to think a meaningful prediction for this match is possible when there are so many uncertainties and so much history.
    At this point, it is even feasible that Rovers will be fielding only one legitimate centre-back, and that a youngster making his debut.
    On FORM, Burnley should win 3-0, but I would be very surprised if form proves to be the only factor.

The last time we went up we did get "massive" investment into our first team. Well, by our standards anyway, but it was done in a controlled way. This meant we were well prepared for relegation if/when it came. It proved to be good management as it happened. Despite OC's obvious limitations, I really think we'd have stayed up had he stayed. We were only 5 points, or a win away to Wigan, when we hit the post and they went down the other end and scored in the final minute, from staying up.

The rest went on wages and paying off debts which by any business standards again, is good practice. We also bought our ground back.

This time, if we are lucky enough to go up, we aren't already saddled with debt and an ageing squad. We have a much younger squad, very little debt, even to directors. We own our ground now so any investment of the reported £120m would be on the playing squad (most of it) aside from maybe £15m for a new stand and training facilities.

We're certainly in a much stronger

[quote="Font_of_knowledge" investment into our first team. Well, by our standards anyway, but it was done in a controlled way. This meant we were well prepared for relegation if/when it came. It proved to be good management as it happened. Despite OC's obvious limitations, I really think we'd have stayed up had he stayed. We were only 5 points, or a win away to Wigan, when we hit the post and they went down the other end and scored in the final minute, from staying up.

The rest went on wages and paying off debts which by any business standards again, is good practice. We also bought our ground back.

This time, if we are lucky enough to go up, we aren't already saddled with debt and an ageing squad. We have a much younger squad, very little debt, even to directors. We own our ground now so any investment of the reported i120m would be on the playing squad (most of it) aside from maybe i15m for a new stand and tr

[quote="Stan_van_nel" investment into our first team. Well, by our standards anyway, but it was done in a controlled way. This meant we were well prepared for relegation if/when it came. It proved to be good management as it happened. Despite OC's obvious limitations, I really think we'd have stayed up had he stayed. We were only 5 points, or a win away to Wigan, when we hit the post and they went down the other end and scored in the final minute, from staying up.

This time, if we are lucky enough to go up, we aren't already saddled with debt and an ageing squad. We have a much younger squad, very little debt, even to directors. We own our ground now so any investment of the reported i120m would be on the playing squad (most o

OC took you down,no question.

That 5 nil match was a mare! I think you hit the bar almost from kick off and in the second half our full backs were virtually spinning into the ground. We tried to leave but even the coppers were laughing saying "you can't, you've to stay right to the end!"

Surely our time has come, but Derby day and fat lad and his mates will be a potential leveller.

Enjoy the day!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)