+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite punk song

re: Favourite punk song

[quote="Brockley_Jack"]My goodness, what a thread!

On this whole clash/pistols debate I too side with the Clash. The foundations they laid for the punk bands I know and love today were clear to see, not to mention the whole ska/punk sub-genre that I credit them with being the forefathers of.

Fave punk song then? Can't list just one.

Old skool punk:
    Peter & The Test Tube Babies - Banned From The Pubs.
    The Vibrators - Baby Baby.
    Deak Kennedys - Kill The Poor.
    Argy Bargy - Looking For Glory.
    Drongos For Europe - Don't Need A Gun.

New skool punk:
    Strike Anywhere - Omega Footprint.
    Rise Against - Kotov Syndrome.
    Debeli Pecjednik - Brave Souls.
    A Wilhelm Scream - The Horse.
    Rancid - Radio.

Ska/Punk:
    Culture Shock - Civilisation Street.
    Capdown - Positivity.
    Inline Sk8ing Barbies - Pacman.
    The Uppercuts - Back In The Day.
    Against All Authority - All Fall Down.

Psychobilly:
    Tiger Army - Never Die.
    Mad Sin - Geisterfahrer.
    Koffin Kats - Above Me Beyond You.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy68

Some corkers in there!

Subhumans / Culture Shock / Citizen Fish were possible my Fav band in the 80's

Demented Are Go . Great Call, saw them numerous times at The Klubfoot in Hammersmith.

The Cramps were another mental band I saw.

Were you ever into any US Punk Brockers?
    Big Black?
    Angry Samoans?

Might have to hit up You Tube
    Not so much Big Black but yeah, I had a tape of the Angry Samoans back in the 90's I'm pretty sure. US bands I liked/still like include Kid Dynamite, 7 Seconds, Gorilla Biscuits, Minor Threat, plenty of late 80's/early 90's HC and a host of SoCal bands from the 90's (NOFX/Pennywise et al).

Sadly I was at school throughout the 80's so I missed out on loads of good stuff. Saw Culture Shock on their reformation tour last year and enjoyed that immensely. Subhumans still play London (where I Live) 2 or 3 times a year so I get my annual fix!

Quote Originally Posted by PonyFiddlerReturns
    The Saints are coming- The Skids

What else???
    there was an Aussie punk band called The Saints..remember seeing them on ToTP2.excellent single,but can't remember what is was called,though i have it on tape somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ShottermillSaint
    anything you can pogo to hey ho,let's go! by the Ramones is great (Blitzkrieg Bop).used to love the Stranglers.
    The Guildford Stranglers don't you know!?
    The plumber i work with used to see JJ Burnell waiting for the bus in Chiddingfold with his guitar on his way to band practice.
    According to this they were formed the day after i was born[/quote]Stranglers not been the same since Hugh Cornwell left IMO Shotters

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPompey
    anything you can pogo to hey ho,let's go! by the Ramones is great (Blitzkrieg Bop).used to love the Stranglers.
    The plumber i work with used to see JJ Burnell waiting for the bus in Chiddingfold with his guitar on his way to band practice.
    According to this they were formed the day after i was born[/quote]Stranglers not been the same since Hugh Cornwell left IMO Shotters [/quote]

I've yet to see a band who improved after losing the original singer.
    An ex of mine used to know Paul Roberts who replaced Cornwell, i met him once and he was a right ****ing helmet

Culture Shock - Onwards & Upwards is still one of my favourite albums, but never got into Citizen Fish. Catching Flies and Civilisation Street are my top two.

The Mob - Let The Tribe Increase.

Crass - do they owe us a living.

Most covers and originals from Snuff - first punk band I remember seeing live.

More of a gay-disco/pop man myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPompey
    The Saints are coming- The Skids

What else???
    there was an Aussie punk band called The Saints..remember seeing them on ToTP2.excellent single,but can't remember what is was called,though i have it on tape somewhere.[/quote]

This one FP?

Their first and most well known little ditty still gets the odd airing these days. - view external link

According to this they were formed the day after i was born[/quote]Stranglers not been the same since Hugh Cornwell left IMO Shotters [/quote]

An ex of mine used to know Paul Roberts who replaced Cornwell, i met him once and he was a right ****ing helmet[/quote]

Agreed 100% not the same with Cornwell gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazil_Saint
    Culture Shock - Onwards & Upwards is still one of my favourite albums, but never got into Citizen Fish. Catching Flies and Civilisation Street are my top two.

The Mob - Let The Tribe Increase.

Crass - do they owe us a living.

Most covers and originals from Snuff - first punk band I remember seeing live.

More of a gay-disco/pop man myself.
    Used to like Crass "Big A Little a"

More of a gay techno / dub man myself now

Racking my brains here and after first thinking Sugababes (I know I know), the only serious one for discussion I came up with was ACDC given that Back In Black was created with Brian Johnson a year after Bon Scott's death.

Not really my cup of tea anyway.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast