+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ARE WE GOING TO RE DO THE VOTE?

re: ARE WE GOING TO RE DO THE VOTE?

No sacking for me but if he does go then the person making the decisions also has to go .

We also have to change the remit for any replacement to a rolling contract with 4 monthly goals which if not achieved result in the sack. It's basically what this circus of a club and it's support have imposed anyway but at least this will honest.

That person would have no expectations put on him of work 'behind the scenes' for academies or road shows or repairing the previous failures problems. Straight in and focused fully on results. Nothing else.

If we sacked our manager he'd be coming into a squad which includes the previous 2-3 managers failures , youth players , other teams loans , sick notes and on top of that an embargo. With the expectation from our support that he must get instant promotion next season otherwise the internet mob will be baying for blood. Again.

They'll be queuing for miles for the opportunity...

I love SP to the end, but his tactics and training methods have to be the blame. Over the last few years, even when we have not been doing so well, we have managed to keep the ball on the deck and play (try to) good footy...I cant remember seeing us string 3 passes in a row together yesterday? its long ball sh*te and will only send us one way, and thats further down the league...and then the genius bit of tactics come in, go some goals down, and then increase the amount of long balls!!! how hard can it be to tell the players to keep the fkng ball on the deck and to feet...

I've only see us play one good game this yr - that was against Wolves. When we beat Reading by 4 we were still not playing good football and we were outplayed for the majority of the fulham game and luckily managed to win against a side at that time v low on form, much like ourselves now

Quote Originally Posted by Forestaddict
    I love SP to the end, but his tactics and training methods have to be the blame. Over the last few years, even when we have not been doing so well, we have managed to keep the ball on the deck and play (try to) good footy...I cant remember seeing us string 3 passes in a row together yesterday? its long ball sh*te and will only send us one way, and thats further down the league...and then the genius bit of tactics come in, go some goals down, and then increase the amount of long balls!!! how hard can it be to tell the players to keep the fkng ball on the deck and to feet...

I've only see us play one good game this yr - that was against Wolves. When we beat Reading by 4 we were still not playing good football and we were outplayed for the majority of the fulham game and luckily managed to win against a side at that time v low on form, much like ourselves now
    Why what's been happening in training that you don't like?

Well, training is supposed to be preparation for matches, no? And since we keep the ball above 6ft for the majority of any given game, one would assume the players are beeing trained and told to play in this fashion. If this is not the case, then SP must be training them good footy mid week and on sat they go back to long ball. Either of the scenarios does not reflect well on management.

Quote Originally Posted by Forestaddict
    Well, training is supposed to be preparation for matches, no? And since we keep the ball above 6ft for the majority of any given game, one would assume the players are beeing trained and told to play in this fashion. If this is not the case, then SP must be training them good footy mid week and on sat they go back to long ball. Either of the scenarios does not reflect well on management.
    That's about the answer I was expecting,you could of just kept it short and sweet and said "I don't no".would of saved you time and effort in writing what you did to make an excuse up for something you know nothing about.
    Do you really think Pearce tells them to lob it up top to Britt?
    Look and vaughan yesterday,he has experience and is suppose to be one of our better players yet couldn't pass it 5 yards as was giving free kicks away all game.tesche (who I think is a good player) was rubbish yesterday and was hardly in the game.the midfield was

[quote="Trickytreesreds"]I can't believe the run your on, it's abysmal. I thought today you might get something as a bit of gee up for next weeks game. This loss just makes next weeks game the most pressurised game Pearce has been involved in as a manager.

Personally (as mentioned before) he should stay for a little while yet (I did say until the end of the season...but when you see the LDLLLL as a results record I even now think that all may be lost for Pearce. Should Fawaz act now, as if Forest do lose against Derby he does not deserve sacking in such a scenario - that is humiliation and mirrors what was done to Nigel Clough which was poor timing.

Local Derby...anything can happen, IF he's still in charge, he could get the win, then again he may not. It's a shame for the bloke. Of course, I hope you lose, but I don't want to see SP terminated in those circumstance

Quote Originally Posted by BrianRiceandPeas
    No sacking for me but if he does go then the person making the decisions also has to go .

We also have to change the remit for any replacement to a rolling contract with 4 monthly goals which if not achieved result in the sack. It's basically what this circus of a club and it's support have imposed anyway but at least this will honest.

That person would have no expectations put on him of work 'behind the scenes' for academies or road shows or repairing the previous failures problems. Straight in and focused fully on results. Nothing else.

If we sacked our manager he'd be coming into a squad which includes the previous 2-3 managers failures , youth players , other teams loans , sick notes and on top of that an embargo. With the expectation from our support that he must get instant promotion next season otherwise the internet mob will be baying for blood. Again.

They'll be queuing for miles for the opportunity...
    Very tru

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds
    And where's my apology?
    Ok I'll apologise for your birth. Sorry everyone!

Btw why did you card tibbyram, he responded reasonably after I warned him?[/quote]

I'll tell you why

1. he carried on being an ass
    2. Not the night to be an ass
    3. it's obviously an old wind up account of only 47 posts in 4 years. A bottom drawer job
    4. this little dig sealed it.

I think pearce is doing a great job to be honest.

On a serious note though, I hope they don't sack him, we beat you next Saturday and get your legend sacked I wonder if you'll all be singing "we want our Billy back, we want our Billy back" unfinished business...

Screw him.[/quote]

Ok boss.

Btw all Mods will be up for re-election when the new season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis
    And where's my apology?
    Ok I'll apologise for your birth. Sorry everyone!

Btw why did you card tibbyram, he responded reasonably after I warned him?[/quote]

I'll tell you why

1. he carried on being an ass
    2. Not the night to be an ass
    3. it's obviously an old wind up account of only 47 posts in 4 years. A bottom drawer job
    4. this little dig sealed it.

I think pearce is doing a great job to be honest.

On a serious note though, I hope they don't sack him, we beat you next Saturday and get your legend sacked I wonder if you'll all be singing "we want our Billy back, we want our Billy back" unfinished business...

Screw him.[/quote]

Ok boss.

Btw all Mods will be up for re-election when the new season starts.[/quote]

That could be interesting

So if SP is not asking for the ball to be lobbed up to Britt, who is? And then why the hell is he, as manager, allowing this to happen?

Lets say for a moment its the players and not his tactics, he has bought a lot of players in himself and must take the blame for bringing in players who cannot follow his instructions or just dont have the talent too...

I just think the football we are currently playing is terrible and there is evidence to suggest it is down to our approach

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast