+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FIFA's poppy fine

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I disagree. Unless the law itself, is flawless. Then it has no right trying to impose itself on anyone. The sooner FIFA is disbanded the better.
    Blatter set this up to suit himself. He gave autonomy to lesser backward countries in order to keep himself in power. Now that same system, is causing hypocrisy and chaos.
    Pamper to it all you like. It has become a snake with many heads.
    Well first of all I think the law is a good one if not flawless. I'd personally like to have a break from the (what I see to be) horrid political climate and not have it thrust upon me in the sports world. The imo grim, far right wing nationalistic, alt right movement, that is running ragged like its the 1930's is depressing enough, without witnessing it when watching my national team play. Keep politics out of sport, simple enough. And for me and many others that is what the poppy represents now.

But also I am not backing Fifa, if another system was brought in to replace them then great, I hate them. But in the mean time then someone needs to watch over some kind of laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I disagree. Unless the law itself, is flawless. Then it has no right trying to impose itself on anyone. The sooner FIFA is disbanded the better.
    Blatter set this up to suit himself. He gave autonomy to lesser backward countries in order to keep himself in power. Now that same system, is causing hypocrisy and chaos.
    Pamper to it all you like. It has become a snake with many heads.
    What constitutes a backward or lesser backward country ? Is it one who is not over industrialised and lacking in to date weapons technology but is more concerned with sustainable development, civilised values and quality of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Akwesasne View Post
    What constitutes a backward or lesser backward country ? Is it one who is not over industrialised and lacking in to date weapons technology but is more concerned with sustainable development, civilised values and quality of life.
    LIKE and what law is flawless? Lesser backward countries FFS! I thought we had finally left our superiority complex behind but not for some it seems!

Quote Originally Posted by triz View Post
    Well first of all I think the law is a good one if not flawless. I'd personally like to have a break from the (what I see to be) horrid political climate and not have it thrust upon me in the sports world. The imo grim, far right wing nationalistic, alt right movement, that is running ragged like its the 1930's is depressing enough, without witnessing it when watching my national team play. Keep politics out of sport, simple enough. And for me and many others that is what the poppy represents now.

But also I am not backing Fifa, if another system was brought in to replace them then great, I hate them. But in the mean time then someone needs to watch over some kind of laws.
    I personally don't see remembrance day as political, but if some people do see it that way, then I suppose it does become political. But, where do you draw the line, many national anthems are far more political than remembrance day, shouldn't we also stop the playing of national anthems before sporting events?

Yes....watching American sports events makes me cringe -espeially when its ice hockey and most of the players arent even American and have little allegiance to the anthem or flag: save that it makes them rich. So a match between 2 American franchises with a minority of American players requires all that brouhaha? I think not

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)