+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/T Mayweather v McGregor

Didn't see it but reports are that it was better than expected (or they are better actors than expected). Hope those that splashed out on PPV got their moneys worth. $3 per minute roughly is what it cost here for the actual action, about the same as it would cost to have an average seat to watch live at an NFL game.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Nobody is paying for this surely. Boxing at top level is not a working mans sport. Not been interested in it since the days of Chris Eubanks & Nigel Benn. You could watch it then without being made to pay to watch it.

Gwru, just because YOURE not interested in it doesnt mean other people arnt /cant be...im surprised that youre not telling us the tactics how each boxer should fight..im personally not bothered about boxing but millions are..live and let live me owd...

If you enjoy boxing go for it. I love NH racing, not many do.

Just watched it on YouTube. There was a lot at stake - Mayweathers record, McGregors reputation, the standing of boxing and MMA and the opportunity to part the public with a load of money again with something similar. All emerged intact. I don't think that's just a happy coincidence.

Well if anyone thought that was a fix you need your lumps felt.

I quite enjoyed watching it and was better than I thought it would be.

Just watched it.. Mayweather let him have the first 4 rounds knowing he would blow out of his arse come round 6/7. He then from round 5 applied more and more pressure till job done.. perfect fight by the old man...
    Btw don't think there will be a rematch.

I don't think it was a fix, but as I said earlier up the thread (before the fight) Mayweather would be the one to decide when and how it ended. The way he did it ensured everyone went home happy. I expected him to make a show of it for 5 or 6 rounds and finish it then. Watching it back, I think that was the intention, but McGregor proved more durable than he expected. The result was never in doubt though.

Well I was wrong there was no controversy. But as has been suggested earlier in the thread, everyone came out of this looking good, no reputations tarnished and everyone involved a lot richer.

I agree now that there won't be a rematch, not in a boxing ring anyway. Maybe McGregor will try and goad Floyd into the Octagon, that way Floyd can look good in defeat and not lose his perfect boxing record.

Watched highlights reminded me of the great Rock & Roll swindle. Though the Pistols did make one of the great records: Anarchy.

I just don't get how they had the cheek to put it on Ppv and same price as klitchko and Antony Joshua fight, surely no matter how you look at it it's a retiree vs a rookie boxer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234