+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: We are desperate for a striker

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    If we're still desperate for that striker we need, the one that doesn't miss sitters like Barnes does, maybe we should put a a £50m bid in for Raheem Stirling.
    If Barnes had scored 14 goals already this season, we wouldn't need a new striker and can afford him to miss a sittet

Ah, but for Sterling to score goals for us we would need to buy De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva, Aguero, Sane etc as well in order to set up his chances.

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    If Barnes had scored 14 goals already this season, we wouldn't need a new striker and can afford him to miss a sittet
    If Barnes played in the same team as Sterling he would have scored 14 this season, at least. City 20 shots 1 goal, Burnley 8 shots 1 goal. Yet again our finishing is more clinical than a top 6 team with all their big money strikers, and we remain 7th in the Premier League.

Absolutely no need for any of our more jittery fans to panic, and no need for another striker. We're doing fine and Sean knows what he's doing, he'll bring in another striker when he decides we need one.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    If Barnes played in the same team as Sterling he would have scored 14 this season, at least. City 20 shots 1 goal, Burnley 8 shots 1 goal. Yet again our finishing is more clinical than a top 6 team with all their big money strikers, and we remain 7th in the Premier League.

Absolutely no need for any of our more jittery fans to panic, and no need for another striker. We're doing fine and Sean knows what he's doing, he'll bring in another striker when he decides we need one.
    Totally disagree, we dont take enough shots or hit the target enough- more goals would have kept us closer to the top four- Wood Wells.Walters are not up to it and that leaves us with 2 to play with even when their form
    dips-

Impossible for me to say anything other than what a totally magnificent performance that was today from the City goalkeeper. He kept a rampant Clarets side at bay and kept a marvellous title winning team in the game.

Gudmundsson was brilliant today, but just who is the little winger on the other team who looked like he had been picked from a local pub team?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Impossible for me to say anything other than what a totally magnificent performance that was today from the City goalkeeper. He kept a rampant Clarets side at bay and kept a marvellous title winning team in the game.

Gudmundsson was brilliant today, but just who is the little winger on the other team who looked like he had been picked from a local pub team?
    All the other players were out injured-

"Butchered" more like!

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    Totally disagree, we dont take enough shots or hit the target enough- more goals would have kept us closer to the top four- Wood Wells.Walters are not up to it and that leaves us with 2 to play with even when their form
    dips-
    To move just one place closer to the top four we'd need another 10 points to be above Arsenal. I doubt there is a striker out there who could score enough goals to guarantee us an extra 10 points from 26 games, given the amount of possession we have, and if there is we certainly couldn't afford him. Dyche can't find him, have you any suggestions, who is he ?

I certainly agree we should be trying to improve the team and quality of the players in every window, including the strikers, but we're 7th in the league with 6 of our best players missing, getting most of them back fit will do far more for our results than signing a fantasy striker who is going to be starved of chances just like our current strikers are.

I don't know why we signed Wells or Walters, but I don't agree that Wood isn't up to it, he's looked perfectly capable from what I've seen so far.

I was at the match last night (sadly!)

Observations from me:
    Lowton must replace Bardsley.
    Lennon must start.
    Play Hendrick alongside Cork because in Defour's absence Diame ran the show in midfield.
    Get Pope on the practice field with Billy Mercer and sort out his dead ball kicking.
    Then sort out his kicking when the ball is in open play.
    Play Vokes and Barnes together in a 4-4-2 with Lennon and Nkoudou on the flanks.
    Stop the nonsense of playing Hendrick out of his proper position, he was embarrassing last night.
    Sell Westwood in the next window because he is nowhere near good enough.
    Send Wood to a rehabilitation centre for mard arses in New Zealand or somewhere because he is no use to us whatsoever.
    Get down on the knees and thank God we already have 35 points because we looked like a poor Championship outfit last night.
    It is now blindingly obvious SD reads what the wise old sage has to say.

It is now blindingly obvious SD reads what the wise old sage has to say.
    What a pundit BT! Though Bardsley injury was probably responsible for Lowton. Pity GK didn’t get on and switching Lennon and Iceberg
    Seemed to change things for the better.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)