+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A H twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I get that ancient, but it still doesn't answer the questions.
    I know how Forest are doing it, how is AH going to do it?
    I haven't seen the figures but I strongly suspect that our turnover has increased considerably since AH arrived & with shrewd management will continue to do so especially if his stated aim is achieved. Yes we may need our owners help to survive in the Champ but at least we are sure of our owners motives & as others have posted he has been very upfront on how far he can take us alone, this means that if we were to reach the Champ we will probably have to do the same as most clubs including Forest have had to do ie stumble along selling our best assets & trying desperately to avoid relegation whilst hoping for foreign investment & then praying that they are in it for the right reasons & will stick around if things don't go according to plan.

Re Fword's prospects for this coming season:

With no games currently being played and no proper league table to look at, all of the attention is inevitably turned to who's spending the most money and buying the most players. Fword may have spent way more than anybody else this summer other than Stoke (with Boro the next closest having spent about half Fwords amount, and many others have yet to spend anything at all) but if the figures I've looked at are accurate, there's five 2nd tier clubs whose squad of fewer players is still worth more than theirs is. Fword have had a lot of catching up to do in order to compete.

Fword are roughly 7/2 6th favourites for promotion. Notts are 2/1 or less and 2nd favourites. A closing of the gap looks more likely than it widening or even staying the same. All that can change in a matter of weeks of the season kicking off, but going into it, I think we can be reasonably optimistic.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234