+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wigan Athletic Post Match Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wigan had Anthony Pilkington playing who is on loan from Cardiff.
    He had some decent quality touches but also did a lot of whinging

The ref was undoubtedly poor.

But Wigan were poor and we were poor, so he wasn’t really out of place was he?

Possibly the worst game of Championship football the division is likely to stage this season. Devoid of any quality on either side. At times it was like watching a bottom end League 2 game.
    The effort was there though.

When watching the game live I thought that Woody fouled the defender before his shirt was pulled. I was down at the other end so maybe people right behind the goal saw it differently

We are terrible to watch just long balls pumped aimlessly forward.
    We can’t defend and can’t score.
    It’s no coincidence that most away fans think we’re awaful to watch and are just a long ball team.
    Those tactics will take us down imo.

Both teams cancelled each other out. Wigan would have lost today to anyone else in the division. Shocking second half from both teams, but they will survive, we probably won't, unless we become the first team to stay up on 31 points.
    Excellent tribute to Danny Williams, we he really deserved a better match to be remembered at.

Good point about the tribute to Danny Williams Jock. I must say that when they mentioned his name the applause started and if the ammouncer had kept his mouth shut it would have carried on for a good while longer than the minute the ref gave.

Was that the only game this season at 1-1 we didn't go for it?

It was crying out for something to happen! Jees I'm still fuming!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Was that the only game this season at 1-1 we didn't go for it?

It was crying out for something to happen! Jees I'm still fuming!
    No, 2-2 at Swillsbro when we had Weds on the rack and he kept Proctor on the bench because he didn't have the bottle to put them to the sword.

�� An update on Danny Fox from the manager. Danny lost consciousness after the collision and required some stitches in his lip. Here’s to the captain making a speedy and healthy recovery.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast