+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stags Forum See What They're Saying

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperorstag View Post
    Let's not get carried away guys,
    We were poor today, granted,
    we've performed brilliantly for a lot of games this season (hence our position and fabulous defensive record) don't think for 1 minute that's how we've played or been represented this season on that performance! ,. It obviously hasn't been, we were very poor today and it was our worst performance of this season and last season in my opinion!.
    I was sceptical about today with us missing Sweeney, we've been solid as a back 3 with Pearce Preston Sweeney,
    Flitcroft got it so wrong today with too many changes (some forced) but overall he got it wrong,
    I won't blame him because he's done brilliantly with excellent performances for the most part.
    We will finish in the top 3 I've no doubt at all after not missing a game this season .. I've seen a good fighting Notts side today so I think you'll be ok,
    But as we've seen today, there's still plenty of twists and turns to come yet, that is a fact. Enjoy the win today and all the best for the rest of the season.
    Thankyou for the honest comments. Breath of fresh air.
    My dream for this season would be Notts to pull off Great escape mk 586, (obviously).
    Now, as a lincoln based magpie, I'm not too fussed about Mansfield, albeit a slightly bigger game than normal, so I'd be quite happy for you guys to be promoted. Lincoln to get spanked in the playoffs to Grimsby. Now that my friends would be the dogs tickle tackle

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorstag View Post
    Let's not get carried away guys,
    We were poor today, granted,
    we've performed brilliantly for a lot of games this season (hence our position and fabulous defensive record) don't think for 1 minute that's how we've played or been represented this season on that performance! ,. It obviously hasn't been, we were very poor today and it was our worst performance of this season and last season in my opinion!.
    I was sceptical about today with us missing Sweeney, we've been solid as a back 3 with Pearce Preston Sweeney,
    Flitcroft got it so wrong today with too many changes (some forced) but overall he got it wrong,
    I won't blame him because he's done brilliantly with excellent performances for the most part.
    We will finish in the top 3 I've no doubt at all after not missing a game this season .. I've seen a good fighting Notts side today so I think you'll be ok,
    But as we've seen today, there's still plenty of twists and turns to come yet, that is a fact. Enjoy the win today and all the best for the rest of the season.
    Do not delude yourself, you were as poor has we made you look, totally dominated from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Do not delude yourself, you were as poor has we made you look, totally dominated from start to finish.
    Exactly. We didn't allow them to play, simple as that. But if this Mansfield side had come up against the Notts side of a month ago, they would have absolutely battered us, like they did back in early December. The difference between the two games was us, not them.

One thing was clear, though. Players like Grant and Walker are clearly talented, and excellent additions for pretty much any team in the league, but they aren't the type of players you turn to when things get rough and ready. Apart from Bishop (who played well) and Pearce (classy defender - wish he was still at Notts!), none of their players looked up for the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Exactly. We didn't allow them to play, simple as that. But if this Mansfield side had come up against the Notts side of a month ago, they would have absolutely battered us, like they did back in early December. The difference between the two games was us, not them.

One thing was clear, though. Players like Grant and Walker are clearly talented, and excellent additions for pretty much any team in the league, but they aren't the type of players you turn to when things get rough and ready. Apart from Bishop (who played well) and Pearce (classy defender - wish he was still at Notts!), none of their players looked up for the occasion.
    Totally Agree there slack-pie.
    We didn’t let Mansfaild play today.
    We dominated all over the park..
    We can’t often say that ,but made a good side look average at best

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
    Ref was a homer and the pitch was bobbly apparently. Couldnt make it up. Completely miss the fact they should have finished with 9 men and the pitch is one of the best in the league in mid Feb.
    I read that about the pitch 😂 absolutely laughable. Then again, this is from the same fans that claimed they had the best pitch in the league when it looked like a random field!

Bad performance from us and no fight, which is disappointing given we almost always show up to derbies, but we take it in the chin. These type of performances happen sometimes and we have to accept that over a season we'll have some poor games, it just had to come against Notts! You showed that you have enough quality and desire to stay up and I'm genuinely happy for you, I don't want you to go down. For me, our game is one of my favourites and I don't want to lose it. Next season you will be a force in this league and I hope you join us in League 1 where I have no doubt we are heading.

I have always had a bit of soft spot for Mansfield (except when playing us) since the mid seventies when an old mate of mine played and captained you, Colin Foster. (Not the tall one who went to Forest). I used to come and watch the odd game. His son Steve had a trial with us and played for Bristol Rovers.
    I hope you go up.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I have always had a bit of soft spot for Mansfield (except when playing us) since the mid seventies when an old mate of mine played and captained you, Colin Foster. (Not the tall one who went to Forest). I used to come and watch the odd game. His son Steve had a trial with us and played for Bristol Rovers.
    I hope you go up.

I don’t.

As the other thread shows the difference in class between the 11 who put on the Black&White at Field Mill just before Christmas and the 11 who wore the shirt yesterday is so big it's difficult to find the right words to describe it. I was at Field Mill and we were completely inept that day.
    Although we still need wins on the board, this team is capable of getting them, and from a position of Castleton (Beyond Hope for those with Derbyshire geography knowledge) I have no doubt at all that we will stay up.
    I also think that Mansfield and Lincoln are nailed on for 2 of the 3 promotion places. Unless Lincoln do something radical they will be there for one season at most.

Just had another quick glance on Stagsnet as it's such an enjoyable read, and spotted this little gem:

"This is basically a request to all you Stags fans ! ....Mums ,Dad's, Kids, Husbands,Wife's,Grandma's, Granddad's, Aunt's, Uncles, Nephews, Nieces, Mates etc etc etc WE ARE ALL ONE BIG FAMILY SO LETS GIVE IT OUR ALL TODAY".

We couldn't have put it better ourselves!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast