+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Official We Are Promoted Thread

Quote Originally Posted by donny tyke View Post
    Wednesday will and always have been a bigger and better club than the blades.
    Lol, that's simply not true, by almost all metrics.

Wednesday, and Leeds for that matter, are no 'bigger or better' than Barnsley. If you''re to stop yo-yoing you need to embrace that mentality.

Massive well done to Daniel, his staff and the team. Now lets win the title this time. My first ever reds game was in 1968. Against Newport County went up behind Luton then also unbeaten at home all season. Who says history doesn't repeat. COYR.

Quote Originally Posted by Olias1 View Post
    Massive well done to Daniel, his staff and the team. Now lets win the title this time. My first ever reds game was in 1968. Against Newport County went up behind Luton then also unbeaten at home all season. Who says history doesn't repeat. COYR.
    Welcome Olias,
    We cud do wi a few mooar old 'uns like thee ( and me) to get a perspective on weear this seearzen stands. Keep pooarsting.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post
    Well done, you'll get to enjoy a cup final with Wednesday next season. Two similar sized clubs with similar sized potential.

But if you're looking for a trip to the region's marquee club, dem Blades, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. BECAUSE WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE, SAID WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE !!!!
    No sweat, looks like we’ll just have to wait 12 months

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    No sweat, looks like we’ll just have to wait 12 months
    Correct Dogs. Wilder is a good manager but he can't work miracles with a team of old journeymen like Sharp and McGoldrick in the Premier League. Record low points total ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Correct Dogs. Wilder is a good manager but he can't work miracles with a team of old journeymen like Sharp and McGoldrick in the Premier League. Record low points total ?

Ar think the'll be reyt. The style o football Wilder laiks will see um survive if they make 2 or 3 quality signings.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post
    Lol, that's simply not true, by almost all metrics.

Wednesday, and Leeds for that matter, are no 'bigger or better' than Barnsley. If you''re to stop yo-yoing you need to embrace that mentality.

Think you should get your metrics calibrated mate lol
    As for Wednesdays and leeds of coarse they are bigger. But bigger is not always better ask Pompey and Sunderland lol

Quote Originally Posted by Olias1 View Post
    Goodness me 1968 eh, is that when the country lived in black n white in those days as colour hadnt even been invented yet ?.
    But speaking of Newport, I do remember that 4-1 win against them on the last day of season 80-81, when we almost tried to snatch the old Third Division (League One) Title away from Rotherham.

I think Wilder will go for jugular n off load Madine and Mcgoldrick. He'll give Sharp a crack at big time but there will be changes. There has to be if they're to make a decent fist of it. I can see them getting established if they set their stall out. Bottom 12 is a league on its own. Could easy be best of the rest n' finish 9th. Likewise could finish 17th the standard is that poor after the top 8 minted clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Welcome Olias,
    We cud do wi a few mooar old 'uns like thee ( and me) to get a perspective on weear this seearzen stands. Keep pooarsting.
    Aye black and white and only 3 TV channels. Ant even landed ont mooin yet.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast