+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sticking together...through thin and thinner

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I am increasingly getting a feeling that today's a very important day for us all, so whatever news we get about the situation at the club, I propose that we all put aside our disagreements, political spats, character clashes etc. for the good of the club's future.

The club is it's fans, in my opinion, as all of the other elements change all the time. We're the only constant, so whatever we hear, unless it's terminal (gulp), let's try to remember we're all on here for the same reason and all on the same side and stick together as a fanbase, even if we resume hostilities at some future, happier point.

As the new saying goes 'we're all Notts aren't we?'.
    Correct now is the time for the fans to come together and be united and solid through this period.

What we have to remember is there is a core 5,000 of us, and as long as we all stick together we will always have our Notts County Football Club. The Club is in its darkest hour on the field (who knows what it is like off the field) and for some they have said they are not bothered anymore but we must not lay down and give up and let the club die. It’s worth more than that, the fans deserve more than that.

Notts County will always exist because of the spirit of its fans. For 157 years this has been the case. It’s had its highs and lows but one thing this club is and that is a survivor.

All those great supporters, fans, players and managers that have been involved in this club whom are here today and those who are no longer with us deserve better, much better.

Those who are and who have been honoured and privileged to be entrusted and empowered with being the custodians of this great club must do so with the knowledge of what being part of this club means at the forefront of their minds. They have a duty and responsibility to protect this great footballing institution and secure its survival for those of us in the present, in honour of those in the past and so those in the future can also continue to be a part of the Notts County family and all its glorious history.

Come On You Pies!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I don't get this Terry Pritchard illness, if you were a serious bidder you would have someone who could step in
    This is my view too.

People planning a transaction of this size wouldn't normally be relying entirely on a one man band to see it all through. Terry Pritchard might be the frontman and the intellect behind it all, but you would expect him to have capable assistants or associates who can work on his behalf.

Plus, what's the nature of the illness? Unless he's in a coma he's presumably capable of giving advice or guidance at some stage. I don't mean to be insensitive and I hope he makes a full recovery irrespective of his connection with the Notts deal, but it would be a pretty amateur operation that allowed such a deal to rest entirely on the wellbeing of one person.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    this is my view too.

People planning a transaction of this size wouldn't normally be relying entirely on a one man band to see it all through. Terry pritchard might be the frontman and the intellect behind it all, but you would expect him to have capable assistants or associates who can work on his behalf.

Plus, what's the nature of the illness? Unless he's in a coma he's presumably capable of giving advice or guidance at some stage. I don't mean to be insensitive and i hope he makes a full recovery irrespective of his connection with the notts deal, but it would be a pretty amateur operation that allowed such a deal to rest entirely on the wellbeing of one person.
    exactly....

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Plus, what's the nature of the illness? Unless he's in a coma he's presumably capable of giving advice or guidance at some stage. I don't mean to be insensitive and I hope he makes a full recovery irrespective of his connection with the Notts deal, but it would be a pretty amateur operation that allowed such a deal to rest entirely on the wellbeing of one person.
    I understand he's undergone quadruple heart bypass surgery so I would imagine the recovery process would take up to 3 months, although he should be able to give verbal advice earlier I would think. Perhaps this is all irrelevant and the deal's gone completely cold anyhow but there we are.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-06-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    AYE AYE Sailor....
    Captain.

Oops, forgot to add. You may be proved right, you might be proved wrong. Whichever way, you are a boring bustard.
    Last edited by navypie; 28-06-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I understand he's undergone quadruple heart bypass surgery so I would imagine the recovery process would take up to 3 months, although he should be able to give verbal advice earlier I would think. Perhaps this is all irrelevant and the deal's gone completely cold anyhow but there we are.
    Graeme Souness had triple heart bypass surgery and he looks in fine fettle these days, so hopefully Terry Pritchard will recover the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Yes, spot on Swale. If the news does turn out to be bad, I think the supporters' focus should move away from protesting to doing something proactive such as forming a credible group to represent our interests. So things like meeting the council, local MPs, the administrator (if it comes to that} and if course fundraise if needed.
    Pleased to read your comments. I agree with Swale. Protesting will achieve nothing. What we as supporters must now do is show our solidarity and recruit as much support as possible, including the local MP, the local media, and in particular the many thousands who love and care about Notts County.

Exactly right, we as supporters need to stick together. As Cher says, it may be time to actually get together and start a group.

Ps. I always thought it was the "thick" part of the saying which was the bad times not the thin.

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    Exactly right, we as supporters need to stick together. As Cher says, it may be time to actually get together and start a group.

Ps. I always thought it was the "thick" part of the saying which was the bad times not the thin.
    Thick & Thin - Good Times & Bad Times - that's how I've always seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Thick & Thin - Good Times & Bad Times - that's how I've always seen it.
    I thought it was travelling through the thicket wood and thin wood. (Thick was the hard times)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast