+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Another world cup

English and proud.

Yes: English, not Scotch, Welsh or British.

There's a lot of Aussie's crying at the moment. The Ashes should be spicy.

Wonder if we'll get an open top bus celebration?

Lol...yes English...captained by an Irishman, with a South African opener, a New Zealand born man of the match, a Barbadian star bowler and an Aussie manager...and indeed...happy and proud.

Bring on the Ashes!

Yes: English, not Scotch, Welsh or British.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Indeed it does MoP. Always felt proud of success associated with our national sides.
    Shouldn’t forget the contributions of an Irishman, a South African, a West Indian and a New Zealander today though.
    Suppose that’s multiculturalism for you.
    Ah yes that old chestnut the English! Don't forget the Vikings, saxons, Normans and Romans that came before!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Makes you feel proud to be English! How it would be to be World cup winners
    “Captained by an immigrant, batting led by an immigrant, fastest bowler an immigrant, leading all-rounder an immigrant, main spinner son of an immigrant.”

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol...yes English...captained by an Irishman, with a South African opener, a New Zealand born man of the match, a Barbadian star bowler and an Aussie manager...and indeed...happy and proud.

Bring on the Ashes!
    Said England on the tin.. I could just picture you putting on your cardigan, all excited like. Shaking with excitement as you typed the words. Well done but Geoff beat you to the draw again with his post which intermated ‘I know what Angry did there’ but....

Perfect..

There are rules regarding which national side players qualify to play for. All XI of the lads qualify to represent the England XI and, in that context, they are English players.

Pedants rule OK!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Said England on the tin.. I could just picture you putting on your cardigan, all excited like. Shaking with excitement as you typed the words. Well done but Geoff beat you to the draw again with his post which intermated ‘I know what Angry did there’ but....

Perfect..
    Lol...funny guy aren’t you...should take up script writhing! Well maybe not...the hysterical ‘cardigan’ joke has become a little over used now wouldn’t you agree and don’t you ever tire of wrecking threads with your half witted personal attacks?

Astonished that you ‘pictured’ me, however inaccurately, it never occurred to me to give you a thought and my response was to GP’s post, not yours. I’ve long since chosen to ignore your outpourings of confrontational bollux...now toddle off and take your nasty little attitude somewhere else while I get back to ignoring you. Where’s that button, Andy?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)