+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Richard Brindley & Sean Shields

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Brindley sounds like a calculated gamble, he has decent pedigree but there's no guarantee he can still do the business. Also signifies curtains for Toots.

Shields... Don't get it at all. He's 28 and has done nothing in his career. Are you trying to tell me there weren't better wingers available on loan?! Would much prefer us to play Osbourne.

Signing players on loan from Ebsfleet's bench... good grief.
    To be fair 2-2 a couple of weeks ago says they're about the same level as we are, lets not go getting all bigheaded thinking we're bromley or maidenhead

While it sounds good to have two (or more) players for every position at this level, these latest signings mean to me that it will be very difficult for the young players to make the bench, let alone the starting eleven. When are likes of Dunn, Betts, Kennedy-Williams, Osborne, Crawford, Howes and Campbell going to get a chance to show what they can do? Maybe they are not up to the standard required (a long running debate I had with MiG), but if they don't get a chance it means that we are paying them a wage for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    While it sounds good to have two (or more) players for every position at this level, these latest signings mean to me that it will be very difficult for the young players to make the bench, let alone the starting eleven. When are likes of Dunn, Betts, Kennedy-Williams, Osborne, Crawford, Howes and Campbell going to get a chance to show what they can do? Maybe they are not up to the standard required (a long running debate I had with MiG), but if they don't get a chance it means that we are paying them a wage for nothing.
    You would hope with this being the case (2 in each position)that Ardley would be planning on loaning them out to NL north/south teams to get some experience
    I would like to think that having two in each position that there is no longer a need to play people out of position in the first team but i wont hold my breath

I think Ardley is worried about his job so won't risk playing a youth player, same as loads of previous managers. In a way though playing them would give them more goodwill from the supporters for actually trying to save us money, develop players who might care for the club and eventually make money from them but we just see the ones who are decent go to clubs above us for nothing.

We are a club on a huge slide no planning goes into anything and this proves it signing two non league journeymen.

If I was a parent of a young kid I would definitely tell them not to join Notts I how can these rejects be better than what we have.

Ardley needs sacking let’s be honest.

I'm disappointed by this too. Hopefully they might turn out to be decent players, but that will still mean they'll displace others Ardley has bought in over the last 6months.

Plus we should be giving chances to our youth players and we're not.

Do we really have a squad with 4 right backs?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Full back and winger signed.

Thoughts?
    I hope for the clubs sake that we have got some players leaving asap !

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I hope for the clubs sake that we have got some players leaving asap !
    And the manager!

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    You would hope with this being the case (2 in each position)that Ardley would be planning on loaning them out to NL north/south teams to get some experience
    I would like to think that having two in each position that there is no longer a need to play people out of position in the first team but i wont hold my breath
    One of them was loaned to Fylde last year (Crawford) and did pretty well winning silverware and almost promotion as well. Yet not good enough for Notts who are 15th in the table having put in the worst of the worst performances against Solihull midweek. The mind boggles as to how Ardley makes his decisions. it is extremely clear we have yet another manager who will under no circumstances risk youth, yet is suggesting mid table or perhaps a push for the playoffs will be a quality finish. Absolute rubbish Ardley.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    And the manager!
    I keep hoping he will turn it around as I do like him , but lets be honest , take into account the style of last years play and this years so far, and its obvious he doesn't like to gamble of playing football.
    His philosophy seems to be that off Theresa May....Strong & Stable ! and just as effective as she was !

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast