+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What in the world is going on down south?

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Most of the slave trade was carried out by the Portuguese with the co-operation of the more powerful African tribes who did the rounding up and corralling of the weaker tribes on behalf of the slave traders.
    This. Black on black crime.

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    I agree it's not smart to gather in such numbers in times of COVID-19. However it shows that these issues matter more to them than their lives. Wonder if they will wish they acted differently if their loved ones become ill.

In the US there are so many videos of people that are clearly plants (a lot of them white) that are instigating and encouraging violence who have nothing to do with the protests. Peaceful Protesters are chasing these people off and asking them what the hell they are doing smashing windows of businesses and handing out bricks. It is likely undercover police trying to fomet violence so that the peaceful protests can be broken up with violence from themselves or the Military like trump wants. Authorities in Minnesota have suggested it is white supremacists. There are piles of bricks being left where protests are due to take place. It's not the protestors who put them there. I urge you all to think and think deeply.

As for in the UK be very careful of claims on social media. City of Westminster Police said on Twitter: “We are aware of incorrect social media rumours of damage being caused to the Cenotaph during protests in #Whitehall. We are not aware of any damage.”

The graffiti on the Churchill statue I disagree with completely. Even if he was a racist. I feel that is going too far. It will enrage people and and they will no longer be willing to listen to the message of peaceful protestors. There are a minority of some young and dumb people out there causing trouble, I agree.

I'd suggest listening to the message that peaceful protestors are putting out there.
    In what way was Churchill a racist, which is what you seem to imply ?

Coming from a very multi-cultured background myself, over here in the UK I really don't see it as a race problem but more of a class problem. (It maybe different in the US, but I can't give my own perspective of what's happening there as I don't live there nor have I ever visited...so this comment is going to be strictly about whats happening in the UK.)

You have poverty, high unemployment rates, high crime rates etc here in London in predominantly 'black' areas, but that's the thing though the media only focus on whats happening in London but there's also poverty, high unemployment rates, high crime rates all over in the UK as well in 'white' areas and in 'asian' areas etc. People from these such areas ARE treated differently by law enforcement because of these issues, I mean if I go back up to my hometown in South Shields I can list off areas like Horsley Hill, Woodbine, Laygate, Brockley Whins that are all just as bad as areas like Tottenham Hale, Lewisham, Wandsworth or Ilford. No doubt there is racism though but racism happens to everyone from black people, east asian, oriental asian, arabs, white people but we only take in on what matter is reported the most in the media or on social media.

Another problem there is currently in society as well which doesn't help when it comes to these problems is a lack of communication, we are unable to discuss all these past problems and new ideas without someone insulting the other side with words like; Racist, Nazi, Facist etc. Obviously terms like that are going to make people either back down from their argument or more than likely incite rage from them, when it really shouldn't be about 'winning' an argument or debate, it should be about coming to compromises or finding solutions together to these problems.

I really think the Media (New Media included) has an agenda to divide us in a time where we need unity and it's working really well for them.

It's a shame as all you see now on social media or the news now is hate coming from all sides, I mean even my friends are arguing on Whatsapp groups over this. I've just kept my mouth shut and took a step back from all of this so far, it's made me quite depressed at how things have actually gotten this far.

Good post Mag_Laad.

I agree it's not smart to gather in such numbers in times of COVID-19. However it shows that these issues matter more to them than their lives. Wonder if they will wish they acted differently if their loved ones become ill.

In the US there are so many videos of people that are clearly plants (a lot of them white) that are instigating and encouraging violence who have nothing to do with the protests. Peaceful Protesters are chasing these people off and asking them what the hell they are doing smashing windows of businesses and handing out bricks. It is likely undercover police trying to fomet violence so that the peaceful protests can be broken up with violence from themselves or the Military like trump wants. Authorities in Minnesota have suggested it is white supremacists. There are piles of bricks being left where protests are due to take place. It's not the protestors who put them there. I urge you all to think and think deeply.

As for in the UK be very careful of claims on social media. City of Westminster Police said on Twitter: “We are aware of incorrect social media rumours of damage being caused to the Cenotaph during protests in #Whitehall. We are not aware of any damage.”

The graffiti on the Churchill statue I disagree with completely. Even if he was a racist. I feel that is going too far. It will enrage people and and they will no longer be willing to listen to the message of peaceful protestors. There are a minority of some young and dumb people out there causing trouble, I agree.

I'd suggest listening to the message that peaceful protestors are putting out there.
    Or a lot of left wing middle class brats having a little protest before Daddy gets them a job in the city.

All evidence points to Antifa jumping on peaceful protests like they usually do and then blaming their right wing counterparts.

This country will always be divided by the left and right wing thugs.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    You urge us to think deeply about your made up conspiracy theories? No thanks.

It's ironic but many of the black people would not be in the UK or USA now if it wasn't for slave trading. Stupidity to apply today's values to times gone by - 70 years to Churchill and 300 years to Colston FFS.
    What conspiracy theories?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA2y4QCg...d=xj7ryezos202

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA5SMKmg...=19sre6kmvjqkw

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA9pmBfA...d=fh0iifrg9g50

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAzx39hj...d=zlu9ly25r7v0

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9541676.html

You are 100% right about slave trade.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Exactly the above, and remember although they were difficult and almost evil circumstances which brought the Africans to the New World there must be the majority of them there now living better off than the families who remained in Africa, even to this day..
    Another way of looking at it is, would they be better off if the slave trade never happened at all. I’d hazard a guess that yes they would, just a guess, not a certainty. The lowest of the low were Kings that sold their fellow Africans for Gold.

BenArfa10, I refer you to my question above.

Another way of looking at it is, would they be better off if the slave trade never happened at all. I’d hazard a guess that yes they would, just a guess, not a certainty. The lowest of the low were Kings that sold their fellow Africans for Gold.
    the crazy thing is, that the most black slaves, were caught by blacks and sold to the arabs by blacks who in turn sold them on to europeans.
    Ethiopia across the sahara was the main trade line. Blacks sold blacks more than any other race in the history of the planet!
    Lets demolish Bristol for it
    but shhh dont tell the dlckheads throwing flares at a police horse while attending a riot wearing dress shoes in the UK. The facts cant be spoken of

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)