+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Burchnall out

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    It took me by surprise, that's for sure. I can only imagine that the owners had already decided they would not renew Ardley's contract (assuming it ran to the end of this season) and decided they may as well give the new coach a few months to assess the squad. Obviously the risk is that the upheaval upsets our promotion push, but perhaps the gamble was taken that Burchnall would at least get us into the play-offs anyway and thereafter it's a bit of a lottery whether you win them, regardless of who the manager is.

I'm sure the owners would be very disappointed if we didn't make the play-offs, but I still don't think it would deflect them from their long-term strategy. They will give Burchnall and Ross ample time to get things right. The timing of Ardley's sacking was unexpected, but it wasn't a "knee-jerk" decision, indeed they clearly already had their next choice already lined up. These guys are very different from Trew and Hardy and they won't be having a Notts MAD-style panic attack, even if we lose more games in the short-term.
    Some of us oldies may not be here long term, doubt if I will see league football again as things stand.

Looks like a rabbit in the headlights, same old garbage, how can a team in the playoffs be so lacking in confidence? Get the bloody ball forwards early...and what's with his shifty action man camellia eyes, is he snorting coke.
    Check him out. https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC/st...781202944?s=19

Easy answer because it's 5th tier football, it's not very good. That's how.

The team were playing without confidence under Ardley due to the poor perfomances not giving them confidence.

More likely no confidence in the over complicated tactics

Im not impressed one little bit with Burchnall. His interviews are so boring and he shows no enthusiasm whatsoever. The result against Hornchurch was a kick in the face to all our supporters who were hoping for a Wembley trip, afterwhich, he didnt show the slightest bit of emotion...If thats his attitude towards us then he can sod off back to wherever.....

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    More likely no confidence in the over complicated tactics
    That sounds more like it. But we've haven't played full of confidence this season other than just a few games.

The Hornchurch result was purely on the players.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That sounds more like it. But we've haven't played full of confidence this season other than just a few games.

The Hornchurch result was purely on the players.
    We actually looked at our most effective last night on the few occasions we played a bit of long ball towards the end of the match. Praps it's time for a 'back to basics' approach. Defence = head it boot it away. Forwards= try to get possession of the ball, put yourselves about a bit. Midfield= bust a gut to win any 2nd balls. Off you go lads, av a good match.

I think the owners crunched the numbers, concluded that our erratic form was not going to get us promoted and decided to start preparing for next season. Burchnall was who they saw (rightly or wrongly) as the man to bring success in the long term so they grabbed him while he was available.

Quote Originally Posted by ArabianNotts View Post
    I think the owners crunched the numbers, concluded that our erratic form was not going to get us promoted and decided to start preparing for next season. Burchnall was who they saw (rightly or wrongly) as the man to bring success in the long term so they grabbed him while he was available.
    Can't argue with any of that if true. Makes total sense and I'm sure many will agree on here.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Can't argue with any of that if true. Makes total sense and I'm sure many will agree on here.
    It’s ok talking about the long term, I’m all for that....but in the short term the supporters need to see something, anything, on the pitch that suggests the long term is worth striving for otherwise it won’t be long before they turn on the manager...and eventually the owners.

Burchnall has shown sweet fa in either his interviews or on the pitch that suggests he is the man for the long term. In fact he comes across rather arrogant and blinkered to what is actually happening in front of him.

It’s alright though, he’s got 1000’s hours of coaching experience 👌

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast