+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: v Motherwell (h)

Clancy being Clancy today which nearly gave Motherwell a point

Excellent to win after that setback, what a bit of skill for Mulgrew, right foot cross to Edwards, also faf to hear HBKs theme after the winner

BBC has crowd as 6800, doesn't feel right, seemed easily 7500, was busier than County plus well had a few hundred with them

Great result to set us up for this week ahead, and I see the fun got something afterall, glad I was half wrong though with our result as thought we'd drop pts today

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I know we’ll likely have to re-visit our pre season predictions but currently we are already at the halfway point to the magical 40 point mark with 28 games still to go. Incredible stuff.
    Too true

Give Coutts a longer contract :-)

Unforgivable performance......beaten 11-4 on corners......hang your heads in shame.

Some excellent stuff today. The one touch triangles is gonna take some getting used to!! 🧡🖤 Seems like every week I mention these two but Mulgrew & Edwards again, superb. McMann also different class. Great to see Louis get in the thick of it when he came on as well. A far better sub appearance than he had previously. That starting eleven is undoubtedly our best atm. Young Levitt makes us tick in the middle. Niskanens energy on & off the ball is superb. We're a quality striker away from being complete.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Some excellent stuff today. The one touch triangles is gonna take some getting used to!! ���� Seems like every week I mention these two but Mulgrew & Edwards again, superb. McMann also different class. Great to see Louis get in the thick of it when he came on as well. A far better sub appearance than he had previously. That starting eleven is undoubtedly our best atm. Young Levitt makes us tick in the middle. Niskanens energy on & off the ball is superb. We're a quality striker away from being complete.
    The excellent stuff was few and far between today. We were very flat for most of the 1st half but better 2nd half, in fact both teams were decent in the 2nd half.......and I've still not witnessed a striker score for us this season but who needs strikers when your defence are brilliant at defending and brilliant in attack

That wasnt as pretty as last week, but im delighted to get past a team full of big lads who put themselves about a bit, then fall down like wee babies at the slightest brush! They seemed to be targeting our full backs, something that i thought was a thing of the Robson past, but Sheep and McMann were both up to the task.

Moment of the match was Charlie Mulgrew turning back the clock with his run down the right and putting the ball right onto the napper of the in rushing Edwards!

I thought we were very good today in many ways. Not as free flowing throughout, but still times where our one touch movement of the ball was great. Also, I thought Motherwell were more than decent. For me, Freeman and McMann were both excellent. Watt tried to isolate Freeman at every opportunity and Kieran stood up to it. McMann did great against Woolery (who was very dangerous) and Stephen O'Donnell.

Thought our midfield did well to wrestle control. Pawlett and Niskanen a bit quieter today but Clark was once again excellent. Works so hard and all of our good play comes from him dropping in to take the ball and play others in. He is hugely underrated.

Motherwell as good as I have seen against us this season at Tannadice. Was a great 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    I thought we were very good today in many ways. Not as free flowing throughout, but still times where our one touch movement of the ball was great. Also, I thought Motherwell were more than decent. For me, Freeman and McMann were both excellent. Watt tried to isolate Freeman at every opportunity and Kieran stood up to it. McMann did great against Woolery (who was very dangerous) and Stephen O'Donnell.

Thought our midfield did well to wrestle control. Pawlett and Niskanen a bit quieter today but Clark was once again excellent. Works so hard and all of our good play comes from him dropping in to take the ball and play others in. He is hugely underrated.

Motherwell as good as I have seen against us this season at Tannadice. Was a great 3 points
    Remarkable how people see things differently. There's a guy on EF saying Clark was an absolute passenger, although they really don't like Nicky on there tbh. He scored more goals than Shankland last season but still not good enough at this level apparently.

I didn't think Clark done much today either if I'm being honest, played well last week and even though he worked hard closing defenders down today he did very little offensively.

What a hard fought win, I had a feeling before the match it might finish 1-1, so delighted with win, they were better footballing side than i expected. Thought we played some really nice football, but was little disappointed with the lack of threat we carried second half, thought we needed to change something midway second half before they equalised. We defended their corners, free kicks brilliants, but the sheer amount they had meant something had to break their way eventually.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)