+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Utilities cap

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I have just received details of the electricity rates being charged by the electricity billing company OVO who have in my opinion pulled a fast one.
    OVO in addition to increasing the KW hour rate from 20.84p per unit to 27.90p from 1st April 2022 are increasing the daily standard charge from the current 27.40p to 50.06p. This increase in the cost of the daily standard is ridiculous and a rip off by OVO to try to ensure that they still receive as much money from their customers even if they try to reduce their electricity consumption.
    Bulb did roughly the same

Checked daily rate went from 26p to 27p gas, 26p to 50p electric

I have just received details of the electricity rates being charged by the electricity billing company OVO who have in my opinion pulled a fast one.
    OVO in addition to increasing the KW hour rate from 20.84p per unit to 27.90p from 1st April 2022 are increasing the daily standard charge from the current 27.40p to 50.06p. This increase in the cost of the daily standard is ridiculous and a rip off by OVO to try to ensure that they still receive as much money from their customers even if they try to reduce their electricity consumption.
    So are the prices high because of energy companies making billions,or we greta?

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    I'd think both.

Price cap cud double again in oct, which would be a quadrupling of prices in one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'd think both.

Price cap cud double again in oct, which would be a quadrupling of prices in one year.
    Greta doesn't set the prices tho.....make no mistake,energy prices are rising to protect dividends. These companies have been raking it in for years,and should have built up reserves to protect them from rising prices. Instead they are passing on increased costs to the public. Its price fixing

Wee Greta and the leaders of Extinction Rebellion and Prince Charles all bumping their gums about Global warming due to the burning of fossil fuels are the problem.
    Last week I received information as a result of a question to my MSP and exchanging a series of emails between myself a member of the Climate Change Committee.
    I deal with the organ grinder, not the monkey.
    The United Nations Intergovernmental panel on Climate Change instructed countries throughout the world including Scotland from 1990 - 2019 inclusive not to count the CO2 emissions from Peatlands.
    The beginning of 1990 was less than 4 years after the Chernobyl nuclear power station blew up with the plutonium ash cloud travelling west over Western Europe.
    When the plutonium ash cloud reached the West of Scotland including the Inner and Outer Hebrides, North West England and North Wales heavy rain was falling which resulted in plutonium rain falling into the peaty soil. You may remember that sheep, cattle and deer who grazed on the Peatlands in these areas were slaughtered as a result of the fallout from Chernobyl to avoid it getting into the food chain.
    My source in the Climate Change Committee had previously told me that it was too difficult to count the CO2 emissions from Peatlands despite it being a well known fact that Peat keeps the planet cool.
    However in 2020 the Climate Change experts suddenly discovered a ‘magic formula’ to be able to count CO2 emissions from Peatlands and they are supposedly now being counted.
    I am likely to have blown my chance of a knighthood as Prince Charles has for many years promoted the drinking of heavily peated Single Malt scotch whisky with his favourite being Laphroaig heavily peated single malt whisky despite the CO2 emissions in cutting and burning the peat for his Laphroaig whisky having not been counted from 1990 -2019. The current ten year old single malt Laphroaig whisky will have been produced in 2012 at the latest.
    This is yet another case by a Climate Chance activist preaching do as I say not as I do!!

Wee Greta and the leaders of Extinction Rebellion and Prince Charles all bumping their gums about Global warming due to the burning of fossil fuels are the problem.
    Last week I received information as a result of a question to my MSP and exchanging a series of emails between myself a member of the Climate Change Committee.
    I deal with the organ grinder, not the monkey.
    The United Nations Intergovernmental panel on Climate Change instructed countries throughout the world including Scotland from 1990 - 2019 inclusive not to count the CO2 emissions from Peatlands.
    The beginning of 1990 was less than 4 years after the Chernobyl nuclear power station blew up with the plutonium ash cloud travelling west over Western Europe.
    When the plutonium ash cloud reached the West of Scotland including the Inner and Outer Hebrides, North West England and North Wales heavy rain was falling which resulted in plutonium rain falling into the peaty soil. You may remember that sheep, cattle and deer who grazed on the Peatlands in these areas were slaughtered as a result of the fallout from Chernobyl to avoid it getting into the food chain.
    My source in the Climate Change Committee had previously told me that it was too difficult to count the CO2 emissions from Peatlands despite it being a well known fact that Peat keeps the planet cool.
    However in 2020 the Climate Change experts suddenly discovered a ‘magic formula’ to be able to count CO2 emissions from Peatlands and they are supposedly now being counted.
    I am likely to have blown my chance of a knighthood as Prince Charles has for many years promoted the drinking of heavily peated Single Malt scotch whisky with his favourite being Laphroaig heavily peated single malt whisky despite the CO2 emissions in cutting and burning the peat for his Laphroaig whisky having not been counted from 1990 -2019. The current ten year old single malt Laphroaig whisky will have been produced in 2012 at the latest.
    This is yet another case by a Climate Chance activist preaching do as I say not as I do!!
    So your argument is....Well I'm not sure,I passed out halfway through from boredom,then woke up and carried on,so might have missed some of it,but here we go.

Energy companies have asked greta about burning fossil fuels,she has replied by saying g put up energy prices by 400%

They then asked Prince Charles round for a wee dram,and while there,he suggested they put their prices up by the same amount. Obviously due to your previous post,we know the rise in the daily charge was the idea of OVO, but the rest has nothing to do with super rich people wanting to get super richer?

By the way,the organ grinder creates his own energy,so not sure why he/she would have any answers on this.

Have you seen that advert with the guitar and the old car??

Greta doesn't set the prices tho.....make no mistake,energy prices are rising to protect dividends. These companies have been raking it in for years,and should have built up reserves to protect them from rising prices. Instead they are passing on increased costs to the public. Its price fixing
    Deffo part of the reason but there is something happening that is not just based on the supply price of gas or the actual generation cost of electricity.
    Got my renewal price for electricity. 27ppd is now 50ppd. Definitely something wrong as that charge has nothing to do with generating costs. Gas ppd charge hardly changed so some Green fingers are mucking about with costs.

Can't believe that the SNP exclude the Greens from all meetings except for the two areas that the Greens are responsible for.

So your argument is....Well I'm not sure,I passed out halfway through from boredom,then woke up and carried on,so might have missed some of it,but here we go.

Energy companies have asked greta about burning fossil fuels,she has replied by saying g put up energy prices by 400%

They then asked Prince Charles round for a wee dram,and while there,he suggested they put their prices up by the same amount. Obviously due to your previous post,we know the rise in the daily charge was the idea of OVO, but the rest has nothing to do with super rich people wanting to get super richer?

By the way,the organ grinder creates his own energy,so not sure why he/she would have any answers on this.

Have you seen that advert with the guitar and the old car??
    You sound like a communist. You should join you pal Vlad in Moscow and take Nippy and that other commie masquerading as leader of the Green Party in Scotland with you.
    Nippy and that half wit Patrick Harvie do not want exploration of oil and gas in the Cambo oil field west of the Shetland Isles.
    Patrick Harvie also wants to shut down all the oil and gas fields in the North Sea and replace them with windmills.
    Meanwhile the German Government energy minister has stated that his country must never be dependent on Russian gas ever again and Germany will have to build coal fired electricity generating stations.
    Coal fired electricity generating stations must also be built throughout the U.K. to avoid any future possible dependence on Russian Gas.
    Meanwhile all the members of OPEC must step up oil production to reduce the price of crude with President Biden giving the go ahead for the US banks to lend money to the fracking industry in the US to get more oil out of the ground.
    Countries throughout the free world must ensure that Putin’s Russia suffers economically for many years to come by trying to avoid the need to purchase Russian oil and gas.

OVO as far as I am aware is a privately owned company which does not pay dividends to shareholders.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)