+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SLO, Dee4Life and DSA

How about a ducking stool? Type that might be operated by kicking a football to operate the system. People chip in couple of £'s to nominate their favourite "victim". Use a poll like on Pravda and victims with highest sponsorships get to sit on the ducking stool. Draw lots from those who voted and give them one shot. First victim gets ducked move on to second victim. Victims get to name charity of their choice to share half of their nomination total, other half goes to Dee Promotions or a specific DFC project, not just lumped in to pay expenses.
    Might find people actively canvas support for their being ducked so not just a list of people and no vindictive motive!

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    I don’t think we need pre match, and half time entertainment. But if you can think of anything original, please post it, and I might be persuaded.
    I have posted my suggestions so now it is your turn.
    Put up or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    And you would consider that pre match and half time entertainment?

This is the thing, what one person considers entertainment another might just find annoying. I don't want to go to the football to see a pipe band march around the track, that's not what I would call entertainment. However watching a rotund, middle aged man in a pair of Loakes go his length as he tries to round a youthful young keeper at least raises a titter - but is it entertainment?
    We need something to keep us amused before the game and at halftime. In the past former Dundee FC players were introduced to the crowd at halftime but even that seems to have been stopped.
    I understand that Ivano Bonetti carried out the halftime draw at last Sunday’s game against Rangers as he was in town for his gig in the Malmaison Hotel that evening.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I have posted my suggestions so now it is your turn.
    Put up or shut up.
    I’ve said we don’t need it. That’s my suggestion. Apart from beat the goalie, and pipe bands, what’s yours? If you can come up with something original and entertaining, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    We need something to keep us amused before the game and at halftime. In the past former Dundee FC players were introduced to the crowd at halftime but even that seems to have been stopped.
    I understand that Ivano Bonetti carried out the halftime draw at last Sunday’s game against Rangers as he was in town for his gig in the Malmaison Hotel that evening.
    We don't 'NEED' anything other than a decent team to watch on the pitch, anything else would just be pointless fill that very few would pay any attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    We don't 'NEED' anything other than a decent team to watch on the pitch, anything else would just be pointless fill that very few would pay any attention to.
    We will need to wait a while to have a decent team on the pitch unless the appointment of managers is removed from John Nelms.

Just read an email sent out by Dee4L with a couple of PDF attachments ref the issues raised with John Nelms.

No wonder he won't talk to them. Much of it reads like it was written by a ten year old, it uses terms like 'Yanks' and gives prominence to (and even names) one Douglas Tott; an individual who has for many years conducted a personal vendetta against John Nelms, and the club in general, and who is very clearly responsible for much of the content of one of the PDFs.

John Nelms will see this email and will laugh.

If anyone who hasn't received it wants to read this email PM me your email address.

I think I received the same e mail this morning. To be fair there is a brief cover note written by Norrie Price and a couple of PDF attachments which are comments submitted directly by supporters.
    If ‘written like a ten year old’ and use of the word ‘Yanks’ are the only issues within the feedback collated then I honestly fail to see what the problem is. That is unless ‘Yanks’ has been recently added to the long list of offensive terms deemed out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    I think I received the same e mail this morning. To be fair there is a brief cover note written by Norrie Price and a couple of PDF attachments which are comments submitted directly by supporters.
    If ‘written like a ten year old’ and use of the word ‘Yanks’ are the only issues within the feedback collated then I honestly fail to see what the problem is. That is unless ‘Yanks’ has been recently added to the long list of offensive terms deemed out of bounds.
    You don't call people from the southern states of America Yanks. It may not be on a 'long list of offensive terms deemed out of bounds' but it's not a term you use for a Texan.

Yes, most of it makes good points however it's very well known how the club feels about Mr. Tott and his constant pestering, criticism and complaints of and about John Nelms and the club. I know for a fact that John Nelms will see that much of it has been written by Mr. Tott and will laugh at it.

Publicly sending out this email will do nothing to help Dee4L's standing with John Nelms and is more likely to increase his distance.

Deranged - I see you refer to JN as ‘a cowboy’ on another string, can only hope that made him laugh too ! You say there are many good points made within the correspondence and that’s what I think we should be focusing on. If we can’t get our act together and soon I really do think we are going to have more to worry about than ‘people writing like a ten year old’.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)