+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual squad thread

I'll be alot happier when we get this centre mid or even two. Every window I hope we'll get him/them and we never do. Really hope this isn't another window where we're left lacking in that department but hopefully they're working on it as we speak.

Another vote from me for a BWM. I think this should be priority #1, and depending on other factors, might well by the only player we need to sign.

Vadaine Oliver is out of contract

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    Why the **** don't we start on the defence like all good teams do?

We can sign all the strikers we want but IF THE DEFENSE IS **** WE AIN'T GOING NOWHERE.

The midfield is not strong or combative enough.We are physically weak.

Too easy to play against...the same old problems.

I don't see any change...mark my words.

I have said it time and time again until I am blue in the ****ing face

Different manager...same issues and he can't see it!!!
    You would be the first to moan if we spent time signing a defender then missed out on the forwards we have signed!

It's 22nd June - contracts don't even end until next week.

I am happy with the signings to date and think we will have a good season. But we do still need more.

Surely we can't complain too much in June when the unambitious owners have just paid undisclosed fees not once but twice in a week on young hungry talent ?

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    Vadaine Oliver is out of contract
    We had him previously on loan from York. He didn't break any pots then, so not for us...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We had him previously on loan from York. He didn't break any pots then, so not for us...
    If we sign a proper CM then I’ll push the button on my season ticket….defence and attack look like they’re going to be ok but it’s pointless if we’re overrun in a lightweight midfield again.

Come on Notts, ‘sort it out’!

We need a Akinfenwa Mk11 type midfielder..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We need a Akinfenwa Mk11 type midfielder..
    Isn't he a centre forward? We need 2 midfielders who can pack a tackle not 1 in my opinion as what happens when inevitably 1 gets sent off or injured as players of that ilk regularly do.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Agreed. And the same for the big striker. They don't have to have an incredible goalscoring record - we've got loads of players now who can weigh in with goals. We just need someone who can hold the ball up, win aerial battles, and give us another dimension up front. Most teams in the NL have a player like that.
    Yes I agree about a big imposing physical striker as well combined with aerial dominance. It cannot be understated the value of someone who can hold the ball up particularly in the strikers role and lay it off to bring others into play. A national league Jimmy Spencer mixed with the physicality and aerial prowess of Adebayo Akinfenwa (I always hoped that Neil Ardley would bring him to Notts when his contract expired at Wimbledon) would certainly give opposing defences something to think about whilst leaving space for the other strikers and creative midfielders to score the goals.

If we can get a couple of players in the midfield and striker position that we have discussed it gives us that physicality aggression and grit needed away from home at this level and help us to win ugly and grind out those 1-0 away wins. That could be the difference that get's us the extra five away wins we were short of being in with a shout of winning the title.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast