+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Now is the right time to kneel.

I think it’s a patriotic post.

There’s a dig there but I believe it’s better just to let it ride and read the room.

I won’t be kneeling for anyone BTW

Just off to get my hanky 😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    I think it’s a patriotic post.

There’s a dig there but I believe it’s better just to let it ride and read the room.

I won’t be kneeling for anyone BTW

Just off to get my hanky 😂😂😂😂
    I personally feel its better not to score political points on the back of a national bereavement but each to their own I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    particularly when you finish your posts with some form of insult
    This one is hilarious. Let's summarise the posts on here in that context:

Brin:
    Ignorance is wasted on some folk they can't help it.

Me:
    You could also call it ignorance.

Grist:
    Basically he's a sad *******.

Howdy:
    The utter hypocrisy of his contributions is a joy to behold.

Me:
    Your post just doesn't seem very well thought out.

Howdy:
    You are condescending tool.

Me:
    I am genuinely confused as to why you are so upset.

I've received plenty of insults, you were the first, and I haven't dished any out beyond questioning the quality of arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Anyone that passes deserves the respect of the dead, but it is not appropriate to demand of others that they respect a person or role of someone that you choose to admire. Some of us are not royalists and that can be for many reasons some political and some for others. I would suggest that people associated with the Kamloops Indian residential school might not share your views of the Queen and her husband.
    Can you explain why it’s to do with the Queen ?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Howdy, I'm not wishing to get drawn into the debate, but just pointing out that the actual o/p is an overtly political post that is baiting people who don't oppose taking the knee for social injustice.
    What an absolute load of gonads. There's a photo of a soldier kneeling that's doing the rounds on Fakebook and I thought it very apt. I tried to put it on here but couldn't do it so just used the text instead. Those that know me on here (there's quite a few, but you do not) know that I'm not the slightest bit interested in politics and the only left and right wings I care about are on a pitch. Stop looking for things that aren't there and get over yourself fella.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    What an absolute load of gonads. There's a photo of a soldier kneeling that's doing the rounds on Fakebook and I thought it very apt. I tried to put it on here but couldn't do it so just used the text instead. Those that know me on here (there's quite a few, but you do not) know that I'm not the slightest bit interested in politics and the only left and right wings I care about are on a pitch. Stop looking for things that aren't there and get over yourself fella.
    "Now is the right time to kneel" is very obviously implying that the players kneeling was not a worthy cause.

That is very explicitly a political opinion, thats why it has been interpreted as such. You could have easily made the same point without implying earlier kneeling was not worthy. You're just deluding yourself if you're trying to convince yourself it isn't.

Do you actually get off by picking arguments? I thought you were on holiday somewhere? So you you take your laptop into caves and on boats in case your political or racial alarm
    goes off. How odd.
    Last edited by sota; 11-09-2022 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I personally feel its better not to score political points on the back of a national bereavement but each to their own I suppose.
    I think you’re being over sensitive to a patriotic post and want to politicise it but each to their own I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Do you actually get off by picking arguments? I thought you were on holiday somewhere? So you you take your laptop into caves and on boats in case your political or racial alarm
    goes off. How odd.
    And here he is, tracked him down

Name:  26F5D246-973D-4DD3-867E-916733202E28.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  36.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    And here he is, tracked him down

Name:  26F5D246-973D-4DD3-867E-916733202E28.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  36.0 KB
    You would not believe how close you are to the mark with this, Grist :-)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast