+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Need Madsters Help

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Thanks Cayton. One bathroom in that one is probably the deal breaker.

Kicking myself as she missed out on a 4 bed detached in a nice area (although it was Edlington). Listed at 200K needed work but there was a bidding war and I told her not to go above 220K. As she's not particularly set on an area I'm trying to guide her out towards Oldcoates/Langold/Bawtry/Tickhill/Harworth as there are some newer 4BR/2BA detached ones there out of her price range but not selling particularly quickly so playing a waiting game. How is the market over there? Seems to have slowed down considerably.
    Housing market is flooded ATM with rough area low cost houses as the landlords are selling before the capital gains reduction in april...
    The 150k-250k houses in decent areas are still selling within a week..

Marlowe Drive is not a bad area, better than East Dene and Eastwood though thats not hard.
    £230k does seam a lot, but its extended has 4 bedrooms, which with current market is prob a fair price. Ive seen a 3 bed semi ex council in Whiston go for £210k.

There is a 3 bed on Melrose Grove, Spinneyfield for £240k, which is a nicer area.
    Last edited by fc_miller; 08-02-2023 at 08:05 PM.

Wife while working for Ben Bailey homes was in Goldthorpe at the showhouse's, people
    moving into a new house for around 200k, she said there were neighbours outside with
    cans beer/lager watching them move in.
    Thing is the neighbours were in new houses there through housing association.
    Trouble building new properties, the builder had to build so many for housing association,
    so tenants not working, & a person pays around 200k for a house next door, no thanks.

Thing is buying a council house, you never know who the council will put next door to you,
    I found that out in Mexborough.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    No way would i pay anything like that to live in an ex Council estate. Many people will have bought them as tenants. It's the house's what the council/housing Ass still own. Would you trust them to pick your potential new neighbour?........I certainly wouldn't.

For her budget she could get a better area than that.
    True, you can use council website to give a rough idea which houses are still council.

Go out the mapping portal
    https://maps.rotherham.gov.uk/mapping/

Then on map features, select Land and Property Ownership, then Freehold Disposal. Ones that haven't been disposed of, are likely still council.

Using council map, then the house next door No51 Marlowe Drive (not attached) is still council.

Is 230k about the budget cam? There's a cracking 4 bed 3 bath detached on hall crescent moorgate for 285k

Is Hall Crescent in Moorgate, thought that was Grange Estate?

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Is Hall Crescent in Moorgate, thought that was Grange Estate?
    Either way, both nice areas.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Is 230k about the budget cam? There's a cracking 4 bed 3 bath detached on hall crescent moorgate for 285k
    Top end is 250K. I'll add that one to the watch list Cayton as we have quite a few in the 270-280K range that we are watching for price drops where we might get in with a 'cheeky' offer dependent upon how the market goes this Spring. Just out of interest, what there is considered an insulting offer? 10% below asking? 5% below asking? Anything below asking?

Obviously a different world where I am at the moment. After meteoric price rises in 2020 and 2021 the market hit a wall around May 2022 and we're seeing some houses sell $500K (33%) below what people were asking last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Either way, both nice areas.
    Checked the polling map, and its down as Sitwell. Which makes sense given the Jnr School.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast