+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- tonight’s games

Pretty good results overall, but it's become very compressed around the playoff positions and even Walsall in 16th are in with a shout. It's in our own hands, and it's a bit different from our National League days. This time there is no real advantage between finishing 4th or 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I don’t think any of those 3 easily beat us at their ground.
    Despite playing very well against Stockport, we lost because of two very sloppy goals, so no complaints.
    However, Mansfield and Wrexham have only won because of legitimate goals being disallowed. Not only was a point deserved from the performance, but a point was deserved because we put the ball in the back of the net as many times as they did.
    I know it's a results business and people will say we got nothing from Stockport, Wrexham or Mansfield away which is true but I think it's important to also look at the performances in those games to gauge how far we are actually behind those sides.

For me we competed in all three games, we created more than enough chances to score ourselves and as you say had the ball over the line in two of those three away games and were not out played by either of those teams. It was at the point of being fine margins which we have to try and take the positives going forward in the remaining 14 games.

After tonight I think 7th place is up for grabs for whichever team goes on a run now in the business end of the season from 7th down to Walsall in 16th place. It's unbelievably tight with only three points separating 7th and 16th.

As the old saying goes it is in our hands as we have key games against those around us in our remaining games and four games in a row coming up against playoff hopefuls Bradford, Wimbledon, Crawley and Accrington. Then after Easter we have another batch of four games against playoff/promotion chasers MK Dons, Harrogate, Walsall and Stockport.

Quote Originally Posted by Smigpie View Post
    Just look at the strength in depth Wrexham have, that’s what we’re up against. Sort of puts it in perspective for me plus the run of luck their having and I’m afraid it leads to one outcome.
    Something seems off to me about them luck is one thing but these decisions are iffy at best.

It was the same last season you knew if they were struggling they get 8 mins injury time or Mullin (pen) 90+2.

It all evens itself out though dont you worry 😉

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Something seems off to me about them luck is one thing but these decisions are iffy at best.

It was the same last season you knew if they were struggling they get 8 mins injury time or Mullin (pen) 90+2.

It all evens itself out though dont you worry ��
    The conspiracy thinking cynic could quite easily suggest it was a Hollywood/EFL stitch up!

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    The conspiracy thinking cynic could quite easily suggest it was a Hollywood/EFL stitch up!
    No way im sticking to my belief it evens itself out !!

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I know it's a results business and people will say we got nothing from Stockport, Wrexham or Mansfield away which is true but I think it's important to also look at the performances in those games to gauge how far we are actually behind those sides.

For me we competed in all three games, we created more than enough chances to score ourselves and as you say had the ball over the line in two of those three away games and were not out played by either of those teams. It was at the point of being fine margins which we have to try and take the positives going forward in the remaining 14 games.
    That’s because IMO we’re not behind them at all in terms of quality of player, but we are well behind them in the mentality and intensity needed to grind out wins in close games over the course of a season.

Look at how few draws we’ve had this season and our goal difference compared to the teams around us - with the odd exception, our games have tended to go one way, we either get on top, can play our football and win easily, or we lose a narrow game by a goal or two.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    The longer the Wrexham bandwagon rolls on the more exposure the EFL gets

I'm glad it was a draw tonight though

We sit 8th on PPG at the moment so we just need to put some kind of run together ASAP. Starting on Saturday would be ideal!

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    The Disney favouritism strikes again...

https://x.com/Mr_Perrins13/status/17...861930462?s=20
    I think we can safely say, the Wrexham goalkeeper saved it with his bicep.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    Mk dons denied a legitimate goal tonight by poor officiating. Ball went behind the line by about a foot after keeper spilled it. Wasn't given and mk dons player sent off for remonstrating. How much luck can one team have?.
    Can MK appeal the sending off - I guess not?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast