+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 402 of 530 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412452502 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I personally think our Derek is playing a blinder. Wouldn't want to play cards with him, holds all the aces, keeps them nicely tucked into his chest and boy what a poker face.

He's what you would call "playing a blinder" this transfer window.

Just wait till he rolls out those aces Johnboy. Bang bang bang, what a squad.

All about holding your nerve.
    Thanks Derek

I personally think our Derek is playing a blinder. Wouldn't want to play cards with him, holds all the aces, keeps them nicely tucked into his chest and boy what a poker face.

providing we beat get 4 points from Dundee/Hibs and beat St Mirren he has the whole month to build his squad without too much criticism. Unlikely nailing down a player earlier would have made too much difference versus Burnley or Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Is this not the last year of his contract or did he sign a new one this summer?
    Not interested in a loan.
    Not interested at all after his no show in pretty much the whole 2nd half of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    providing we beat get 4 points from Dundee/Hibs and beat St Mirren he has the whole month to build his squad without too much criticism. Unlikely nailing down a player earlier would have made too much difference versus Burnley or Rangers

I ken, because we shouldnae be expecting to beat Rangers onyway.

F'uck off.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    No sign of a striker but I'll predict Ryan Christie making his Dons debut against St Mirren
    took the words oot my mouth as he wasnt even on the bench for smeltic tonight

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

F'uck off.
    I like your attitude.

We basically need to wait until the end of the window to judge his summer business and what weve had to compromise in terms of not doing our business early.

Does anyone think that the Lewis Ferguson signing has ****ed our budget.

We offered 100,000 but they want £1m after his goal last wekk his price could jump to way more than we originally budgetted for, lets say maybe 500,000.

Could we be waiting to find out the cost before we spend any other money as we then cant pay Hamilton ???

Just a thought

No I don't think its ****ed our budget as the club believe the tribunal will deliver a fee between £100k-£200k. Nothing else has entered the thought process.

Fee is based on how much the selling club deserve for training him up and the stature of the buying club. Not how good he is.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

F'uck off.
    100% DD

Maybe 1 player wouldn’t make much difference to our overall team but transfer strategy has been piss poor.
    This comes from the manager who works 2 windows in advance, has admitted transfer dealings have been poor in the past year, and wanted business conducted early, yet still let our main goal scorer go without a replacement in place and struggling to sign that replacement because the hook we are using in the wrong pond is too small. Forest Green striker that scored 2 on Saturday that we were supposedly interested in has just added another £100k to his value.
    Main business should be done and dusted before pre-season so that team can gel.
    We knew what was required months ago, so why are we still trying to feed off of scraps offering trials to Nowak who already didn’t cut it at Hearts.
    Don’t want to start the manager/ chairman / scouting debate again but there is a collective responsibility around recruitment that we should not be starting the season without an adequate squad. Should be common sense to have the team in place before the season starts- may be a benefit to the EPL that they can’t sign players after season starts. Not that I give a **** about that league

Playing a blinder!

Remember the season started last weekend and we struggled against a 10 man team because the manager who holds all the aces decided against recruiting forward thinking first team players.
    Playing a blinder losing 2 points in the opening match with a team top heavy with defensive players. The ace holder even wants to recruit more defensive players before we take on the might of Dundee on Saturday.
    Pity help him if we don’t win in Dundee, then the fan club numbers may decrease even further.

Page 402 of 530 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412452502 ... LastLast