+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 403 of 560 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    No it doesn't.

There's no sense whatsoever in moving away from Pittodrie.
    That's nae what I meant as well you know ya wee nickum.

It will certainly be interesting if somewhat bemusing finding out the true eventual sale price of Pittodrie. I would reckon the figure will certainly be closer to half of the £15m Cormack believes we will get....but good on the chap for trying to raise the price of any future purchase. He will need to hope an American buys it though.

Weren't they expecting to get about £10m for Pittodrie a few years ago when the new stadium was going to be in Cove?

That was before the oil price crash, so they will get less than that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Weren't they expecting to get about £10m for Pittodrie a few years ago when the new stadium was going to be in Cove?

That was before the oil price crash, so they will get less than that now.
    That is kinda what i am getting at.
    The quoted £15m is to go into the new white elephant. That was what Cormack said, one of the main reasons for moving apparently, was, that they would have this cash after selling Pittodrie, that they obviously wouldn't have if they redeveloped the place.

So, should the sale go the same way as the Salvesen building did, we might end up with an additional what? £100k?
    That would be a major kick in the s****s i am sure for the board.......

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    The quoted £15m is to go into the new white elephant. That was what Cormack said, one of the main reasons for moving apparently, was, that they would have this cash after selling Pittodrie, that they obviously wouldn't have if they redeveloped the place.

So, should the sale go the same way as the Salvesen building did, we might end up with an additional what? £100k?
    Any clunt on the board that thinks running down our home to move to the white elephant deserves every kick in the s****s that they get.

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post

You can't compare the sale of the Salevesen building to Pittodrie. It is an office block which isn't being demolished, Pittodrie will be replaced by houses.

They quoted £18m two years ago.

The £15m figure comes from an independent valuation carried out by F G Burnett in June 2017 that valued the Pittodrie site at £15.25M. In many ways that is pretty irrelevant as if the new stadium ever proceeds AFC will invite sealed bids for the site and so Cala, Barretts, Milne etc will bid (a) a big enough price to win the competition to buy the site and (b) a small enough price to be able to make sufficient profits when they build and sell their houses on the site. Will that be more or less than £15M? The reality is that nobody knows as it will depend on the housing market at the time and outlook for the housing market.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    They quoted £18m two years ago.
    Correct. That was based on an FG Burnett valuation in June 2015 - shows you how much any proceeds will be entirely dependent on the strength of the housing market at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Its looking worse than i ever remember. Its simple to fix things too. Im sure our builder chairman can source a bit of corrugated plastic.

Funny that this is evident when the Masonic Milne Dome is (supposedly) on the horizon. Imagine the state of it come 2022 when the new is supposed to be ready

I still doubt it will happen which is makes Pittodries worsening state even harder to fathom as Milne will have let Pittodrie slip immensley and have no shiny new mecano crap hole halfway to Alford
    If we do actually move out to the shiny new stadium is Milne going to keep that stadium maintained or is he going to let that fall to bits as well?

I watched an interview with him last year and he was going on about the new stadium being our home for the next 30 to 40 years,I hope that was lost in translation from the neep and the stadium is going to last longer than that.

Page 403 of 560 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503 ... LastLast