+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 923 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Q: How can you tell a politician is lying?

A: His lips are moving

And thats 400

Angry and mista...appreciate there are two sides to everything but let's not forget the Brexit vote was just one month ago. Yes the FTSE is doing well after an initial slide but the pound fell by a further 1.5% yesterday and the manufacturing PMI has fallen to its lowest since Feb 2013 encouraging further recession fears. Bet they'll be dancing in the streets of Sunderland to hear how well all their shares are doing now though. All those exporters going well too...pity everything we import is now suddenly more expensive.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 23-07-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Angry You are right lies on both sides Remember Osbourne telling us pensioners bus passes and TV licenses to go Interest rates at12% adding £2,500 a year. to the average mortgage How every household would be £4,300 worse of He had to. retract because the Treasury told him they were all untrue but he had set the seeds that he intended to do
    Shssss.. Don't tell Swaley.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Angry and mista...appreciate there are two sides to everything but let's not forget the Brexit vote was just one month ago. Yes the FTSE is doing well after an initial slide but the pound fell by a further 1.5% yesterday and the manufacturing PMI has fallen to its lowest since Feb 2013 encouraging further recession fears. Bet they'll be dancing in the streets of Sunderland to hear how well all their shares are doing now though. All those exporters going well too...pity everything we import is now suddenly more expensive.
    But there is the problem Anag... Both sides use the it's only just happened when the topic starts to go against them. The point I was making is that both sides lied.. If you read some posts on this thread you would think that the remain side were right on all their profercies of doom.
    I am in the import/export business and I see no reduction on the amount we are importing.. Yes agains early days but my clients, some major blue chip, are not panicking yet.. I have seen an immediate increase in export numbers tho..
    All speculation but this country needs to stop being a warehouse and needs to start manufacturing again.
    All we need now is the BOE to stop down talking the economy and for the great British businessman to grasp the opportunities when they arise.. Some doors will close, some will open. Look for the open ones.

Interestingly, from a balance of payments perspective, a decline in imports is no bad thing for the economy either. A weak pound thus stimulates export trade and makes our domestic sales more competetive.

To get on to one of my bug bears - food miles. If the weak pound means we import less new zealand lamb or apples and thus encourage our own producers then its a win:win. Same for asparagus from peru, potatoes from cyprus or egypt strawberries from california, beef from ireland etc etc. We can be self sufficient in all these things if we put our mind to it. So bring on the weak currency for a while to stimulate our economy both ways.

If capital goods cost industry more we may spike domestic inflation up a little longer term and so pressurise interest rates but that too may have its advantages.

Also if imported consumer electronics get more expensive it may dissuade the "new telly every year" individuals and so deprive Wonga of new business. Anything that can drag down that evil empire has to be good.

Now if only I could figure out how a weak pound could destroy "Just Eat" I would be so ecstatic I'd maybe cum.

And for those poor sorry individuals complaining about their holidays costing maybe 100 quid more....stay in Uk, go to the Peak District and enjoy the 2 days of English summer 😊😊. Much more fun than spending two days on the M20 queuing like a lemming waiting for his turn on the cliffs edge

Roger! Para' 5...I'm inclined to think in pictures...don't do that again...ever!!!!

More seriously, and as part of my recovery...you do seem to have done a bit of an about turn for a 'Remainer'...interesting.

Totally with you on Wonga but there must be simpler ways to stop that lot. Simple legislation I'd have thought.

Bit harsh on the holidaymakers...people have worked all year for their 'reward'. Doesn't impact on me and imo holidays have never been as good as I no longer have to go away at school holiday time, so no personal interest, but for those that do and had already committed it's just another worry and disappointment.

P.S. Don't send them to the Peak District...the annual six week moving and parking crisis has already begun up here. I recommend Surrey.

My about face, as you put it, stems from two reasons:

(a) I always had mixed emotions as regards the vote...I abhor the idea of a federal Europe but had concerns as to the economic impact. I was concerned that many out voters would be doing so for the wrong reasons ie the immigration issue; but

(b) whats done is done, the people have spoken. I not going to be King Cnut and try to stop the tide rising. Its now a matter of making the best of the hand weve been dealt.

Besides how could we argue on things if we came from the same standpoint (trust the past tense of that verb goes not cause coronary isdues).

Lets press on to 550 and declare just after tea...

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Interestingly, from a balance of payments perspective, a decline in imports is no bad thing for the economy either. A weak pound thus stimulates export trade and makes our domestic sales more competetive.

To get on to one of my bug bears - food miles. If the weak pound means we import less new zealand lamb or apples and thus encourage our own producers then its a win:win. Same for asparagus from peru, potatoes from cyprus or egypt strawberries from california, beef from ireland etc etc. We can be self sufficient in all these things if we put our mind to it. So bring on the weak currency for a while to stimulate our economy both ways.

If capital goods cost industry more we may spike domestic inflation up a little longer term and so pressurise interest rates but that too may have its advantages.

Also if imported consumer electronics get more expensive it may dissuade the "new telly every year" individuals and so deprive Wonga of new business. Anything that can drag down that evil empire has to be good.

Now if only I could figure out how a weak pound could destroy "Just Eat" I would be so ecstatic I'd maybe cum.

And for those poor sorry individuals complaining about their holidays costing maybe 100 quid more....stay in Uk, go to the Peak District and enjoy the 2 days of English summer ����. Much more fun than spending two days on the M20 queuing like a lemming waiting for his turn on the cliffs edge
    I see we now have a new word in circulation.. The 'staycation'... FFS..

Double angry ...

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    P.S. Don't send them to the Peak District...the annual six week moving and parking crisis has already begun up here. I recommend Surrey.
    Plenty of parking at Chateau Angry.. I've had the staff clear one of the lower fields.
    Surrey is always open for business..

Page 41 of 923 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)