+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    He is likely to be connected with a lot of positions so the first time he doesn't give that assurance it will be jumped on (and significantly reduce his bargaining power). I think his best bet is to keep quiet and let it all play out.
    Exactly this.

@swalepie can we change the thread title to at least put “rumour” there. So no unfortunates have their day ruined, yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Exactly this.

@swalepie can we change the thread title to at least put “rumour” there. So no unfortunates have their day ruined, yet.

Thanks
    All of this should really be in the other thread which had already been renamed. There is much duplication going on and all about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I don’t think it’s quite as simple as that. We all know the football world runs on rumours and gossip. If its common knowledge that he’s gone for an interview or interviews at Oxford it’ll be reasonably assumed he’ll go for an interview at Derby or Rotherham or anyone else who’s seen as a step up from Notts.

I can’t see how he can carry on here under those circumstances no matter how committed he is to the job. Of course there’s a decent possibility he hasn’t gone for an interview anywhere, and is absolutely committed as much as anyone can be to seeing out his contract in which case I’d like to hear that at his next press conn
    Agree with that and fingers crossed for the last sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I don’t think it’s quite as simple as that. We all know the football world runs on rumours and gossip. If its common knowledge that he’s gone for an interview or interviews at Oxford it’ll be reasonably assumed he’ll go for an interview at Derby or Rotherham or anyone else who’s seen as a step up from Notts.

I can’t see how he can carry on here under those circumstances no matter how committed he is to the job. Of course there’s a decent possibility he hasn’t gone for an interview anywhere, and is absolutely committed as much as anyone can be to seeing out his contract in which case I’d like to hear that at his next press conn
    Meanwhile I refuse to confirm or deny that rumours of my still being alive are true or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I'm liking this.

tomhwilliams23
    @tomhwilliams23
    Unrelated news, but it looks like the Reedtz Brothers are set to spend on strengthening the #Notts squad in January ��

Lots of names being thrown about, some more concrete than others. But very exciting either way!
    Not much good without actual names. Otherwise it's just more 'I know something you don't' teasing.

Buckingham odds now drifting, LW back to joint fave.

Remember Notts have to give permission for him to be interviewed for another role, so will know they have to find a replacement.

If he goes to Oxford then he's not the man I thought he was.

Betting on Luke Williams is now suspended but betting market remains open for all other candidates. The cynic in me does not like that.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    He might even get more say on recruitment there.
    He has said numerous times how he loves the way Notts do redruitment and the fact he's not really involved so he can consentrate on coaching. Who can argue with our recruitment recently, Macca, Scott, Austin and Bajrami all signed before he came in why would he want to be involved

It's the fact he may have been interested in jumping ship for the money but I guess that makes him normal in the football world.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    He has said numerous times how he loves the way Notts do redruitment and the fact he's not really involved so he can consentrate on coaching. Who can argue with our recruitment recently, Macca, Scott, Austin and Bajrami all signed before he came in why would he want to be involved

It's the fact he may have been interested in jumping ship for the money but I guess that makes him normal in the football world.
    Isn’t Oxford much much much closer to family than Nottingham? It’s not always about money.

Page 41 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast