+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Swansea

When has anyone said they're not supporting Maynard ? We're all having a civilised conversation re Luke Williams thank you. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Smiffy, I realise that his success was at the lowest level we've ever been, but it was still an unprecedented SUCCESS. I loved every minute of it, it rates up there with any of my 53 seasons as a Notts fan. I can promise that I celebrated Jodi Jones scoring the winner against Boreham Wood in the playoff semi and Cedwyn's penalty at Wembely with exactly the same passion that I celebrated Les Bradd's 89th minute goal at the Sh!tty ground and Ian Scanlon's header at Elland Road. Never once did I think "Hmm, it's good but remember we're only in the National league". The day I think like that will be the time to call it a day.
    Exactly this. Last season under LW delivered some of my favourite ever moments as a Notts fan. The Boreham Wood game is my favourite ever Notts match, and I've seen us play in all five divisions. Baldwin's equaliser is the most emotional I've ever felt at a football match, closely followed by Jones' winner. I've never experienced a collective outpouring of emotion at Meadow Lane like that before, even in much higher divisions. Then there's the penalty shootout at Wembley.

Yes, we had some defensive issues this season, but regardless of that, LW brought me more joy than pretty much any other manager in my 30+ years supporting the club, regardless of the level we were playing at. I'll be forever grateful to him for that .

Happy Days

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Exactly this. Last season under LW delivered some of my favourite ever moments as a Notts fan. The Boreham Wood game is my favourite ever Notts match, and I've seen us play in all five divisions. Baldwin's equaliser is the most emotional I've ever felt at a football match, closely followed by Jones' winner. I've never experienced a collective outpouring of emotion at Meadow Lane like that before, even in much higher divisions. Then there's the penalty shootout at Wembley.

Yes, we had some defensive issues this season, but regardless of that, LW brought me more joy than pretty much any other manager in my 30+ years supporting the club, regardless of the level we were playing at. I'll be forever grateful to him for that .
    I couldn’t agree more. Such joy and wonder. Football and Notts at their very best.
    Pretty unbelievable really
    COYP

Quote Originally Posted by Piebald View Post
    I couldn’t agree more. Such joy and wonder. Football and Notts at their very best.
    COYP
    Hmmmm!!! - sounds a little familiar!!

COYP
    Yes Laddo..

COYP
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Hmm yeah, that's an interesting point. Football has changed a lot since then, and that Steve Thompson side would be relegation fodder now regardless of manager, but still, it's an interesting way to frame our current performance.
    It's night and day from 2007 to now, as you say football has changed. The quality of play now is much better both tactically and players ability. How we played in 2007 would not translate to now, it's so much more advanced. I don't believe you can compare the two eras and abit tight on the current era.

LW was great, pushed Wrexham the the last couple of games and finished so far ahead of 3rd it was ridiculous. Had us overachieving this season without our best midfielder. Played great football, at times it was amazingly good for this level. Got us promoted. Record goalscorer. Is he overrated? Obviously not. As others have said, you can't have both. SM tries to make us more solid and we lose a little in attack, some people are unhappy. LW forgoes clean sheets to make us more creative in attack, some other people are unhappy. Unless you can sign Man City's players, what can you do. Even in the EPL, commentator's and pundits say "these teams will give you a chance" to the likes of Spurs, Liverpool, Villa, and these are some the top teams in the country.

Bad night for Luke, lost 4-0 to Leeds United.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Bad night for Luke, lost 4-0 to Leeds United.
    Looking very bad for him there. Getting rolled leaking goals.

Odds on him lasting the season?

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast