+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa League 2019-20 campaign

Surely, neilthedon, there is an element of good fortune if “everything we hit went in”!? By the same token, if we hadn’t scored, but had peppered their goal relentlessly then it would possibly have been a little unfortunate. Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Oh aye. Reckon it`ll need about 3 gallons to get that far down .

You driving the Talbot bus down too ?
    I blew the head gasket in Tallinn. Oil and fluid everywhere, fit a yoke.

Play off round hopefully give us something a bit more exciting. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Massive anti climax. On the plus side we'll beat them. On the downside it's a bit boring playing them again and we won't get seeded in our post off round.
    What make you think we will beat them that easy?

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    What make you think we will beat them that easy?
    It won't be "easy" as such but we'll beat them.

To answer somebody else's question. They play in a different stadium now but it's not much cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    It won't be "easy" as such but we'll beat them.
    Feckin happy clappers and their positivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Surely, neilthedon, there is an element of good fortune if “everything we hit went in”!? By the same token, if we hadn’t scored, but had peppered their goal relentlessly then it would possibly have been a little unfortunate. Confused.

Lucky implies we didn`t deserve to win it , and got through with ..." a bit of luck" A fluke.

The only luck involved is that , for once everything we hit went in. For every goal, the players meant to do what they did. It was only " lucky "i in that it was the one perfect game where verything they knew they could do, they tieid, and it worked.
    If it had been some Guffy team, the comentators would have been crowing about for 40 years.

Or if it was Barca, we`d all have been superwise and praised their " quality ".

Fact is, if you screw your eyes up, you could see that being Bayern Munich , at their peak. Playing like that .

You can call it luck if you want. But it denigrates a QUALITY performance.

Better thanthe Copenhagen result. That was lucky ,....because Jamie Smith was " lucky " to have those skills ?

Mind you,
    I`d never believe Pawlett scoring from a header on the edge of the box. Pffft. Lucky !!

I was there when we beat them 3-0 in that beautiful old stadium. While the rest of the Aberdeen fans were herded like sheep down to the ground, we took a taxi and got dropped off at the top of cliff face and it was some view looking down.

We won't will 3-0 again and it will be played in the generic stadium so I won't bother this time.

It is an anti-climax of a draw. I suppose it's better than the big guns but it has air of familiarity about it that you wouldn't normally associate with European fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Lucky implies we didn`t deserve to win it , and got through with ..." a bit of luck" A fluke.

The only luck involved is that , for once everything we hit went in. For every goal, the players meant to do what they did. It was only " lucky "i in that it was the one perfect game where verything they knew they could do, they tieid, and it worked.
    If it had been some Guffy team, the comentators would have been crowing about for 40 years.

Or if it was Barca, we`d all have been superwise and praised their " quality ".

Fact is, if you screw your eyes up, you could see that being Bayern Munich , at their peak. Playing like that .

You can call it luck if you want. But it denigrates a QUALITY performance.

Better thanthe Copenhagen result. That was lucky ,....because Jamie Smith was " lucky " to have those skills ?
    I think we were lucky in as far as Rijeka were very poor in the 1st leg compared to the 2nd leg; however, I didn't care at the time and I wouldn't care if we got 'lucky' again

Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast