+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 450 of 923 FirstFirst ... 350400440448449450451452460500550 ... LastLast
Results 4,491 to 4,500 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Not one of them worth more than a fart in the bath. A moment of short lasting pleasure, a mildly unpleasant smell follows and then nothing. A vacuum. Yet still more plausible that anything on the other side. I despair of the lack of quality in parliament

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Not one of them worth more than a fart in the bath. A moment of short lasting pleasure, a mildly unpleasant smell follows and then nothing. A vacuum. Yet still more plausible that anything on the other side. I despair of the lack of quality in parliament
    Too many "career politicians" GP. None of them with any experience of real life, proper jobs, running a company, applying for jobs and getting no reply, getting turned down......................... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Not sure that’s entirely fair GP. There is some quality, albeit limited, on both sides...just not in the Tory leadership stakes.

My problem is with things like Boris Johnson being proud to have the support of the likes of Michael Fallon...or Sir Michael as he’s known, despite having been heavily involved in the expenses scandal, having a conviction for drink driving and finally resigning having been accused, on a least three separate counts, of behaving inappropriately towards women.

Reckon you or I would have probably been sacked in such circumstances but such morality does not apparently extend to politicians and those who’ve been knighted.

I may not have been sacked as I'm self e
    Mployed now, but then again......

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not sure that’s entirely fair GP. There is some quality, albeit limited, on both sides...just not in the Tory leadership stakes.

My problem is with things like Boris Johnson being proud to have the support of the likes of Michael Fallon...or Sir Michael as he’s known, despite having been heavily involved in the expenses scandal, having a conviction for drink driving and finally resigning having been accused, on a least three separate counts, of behaving inappropriately towards women.

Reckon you or I would have probably been sacked in such circumstances but such morality does not apparently extend to politicians and those who’ve been knighted.
    RA yes the same Sir Michael who accused We Milliband of stabbing his brother in the back to become leader of the Labour party and would do the same to the country if he became PM The same Sir Michael a s director of Tullett Prebon the leading stockbroker in the city were the company who got the government to sell Royal Mail. I say well really mean give away by your mate Vince. I had to laugh when he was caught fiddelling his expenses he said "Why didn't somebody tell me " Get he didn't need anyone to tell him He wasn't claiming enough .Still when your MP for Sevenoakes you can do what you like they would vote for cat if it had a blue rosette on

Boris is nothing great but he'll get the job done!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Boris is nothing great but he'll get the job done!
    No just a two faced lying prat If he's the best we've got i fear for this country

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    No just a two faced lying prat If he's the best we've got i fear for this country
    He’s far from the ‘best we’ve got’, mista...but he’s what we’re likely to end up with now the PM is being chosen (yet again) by about 150,000 Tory Party members who are more concerned with the survival of their own Party than the well being of the country.

He was inept and evasive this morning imo, but try telling that to the Tory grass roots.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    With nothing happening on the transfer/managerial front, summer and the cricket World Cup seemingly rained off and Brexit playing second fiddle to the Tories holding the country hostage to their own fortune yet again, let’s have a lighthearted, or otherwise, look at the runners and riders. (Sorry Angry. ).

So...in no particular order.

Rory Stewart...hampered by looking like a slightly deranged ****ager but actually speaks some sense. 15/1
    Mark Harper...who? 100/1
    Michael Gove...hampered by looking totally deranged, especially when out jogging, but spoke better than most at the initial hustings. 5/1
    Matt Hancock...the quiet man. Speaks more sense than many but ambition not matched by ability. 25/1
    Jeremy Hunt...despite apparently not knowing what nationality his wife is he is vastly experienced, looks relatively normal and can be sensible as far as Brexit is concerned. 5/1
    Sajid Javed...always keeps his head down even as Home Secretary and no one knows what, if anything, he stands for, but unlikely to have much support amongst grass roots Tories i.e. the electorate in this case. 25/1
    Boris Johnson...given the nature of the aforementioned electorate he must be favourite but always likely to put his foot in starting this morning when his ‘handlers’ are due to let him speak. Likely to be a disastrous PM imo. 4/1 until he screws up or gets caught out.
    Andrea Leadsom...hideous, power hungry, opportunist candidate who no one had heard of prior to her ill thought out and bitchy comments about Theresa May last time around. 20/1
    Esther McVey...equally hideous, power hungry, opportunist candidate but without the political ‘intelligence’...attractive to misguided blue collar Tories only. Fortunately not many of them will be voting this time around. 100/1
    Dominic Raab...Oxbridge bright...common sense dim. Total failure as Brexit Secretary haunted by his inability to recognise the importance of Dover to our trading nation. 90/1

Verdict...is this really the best this country can offer?
    Perceptive and mildly humorous at the same time RA, good effort.

Conservatives will be wrestling with the conundrum of who would be the best PM (IMO Jeremy Hunt) and who would be the PM to win the next election (IMO Boris Johnson)

Also IMO, a labour party ked by Keir Starmer rather than the muppets currently doing so would make the choice irrelevant in three years anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Perceptive and mildly humorous at the same time RA, good effort.

Conservatives will be wrestling with the conundrum of who would be the best PM (IMO Jeremy Hunt) and who would be the PM to win the next election (IMO Boris Johnson)

Also IMO, a labour party ked by Keir Starmer rather than the muppets currently doing so would make the choice irrelevant in three years anyway
    Wow...a tad patronising perhaps, but the nicest comment you’ve made for months. Feel as if I’ve had my homework marked.

Page 450 of 923 FirstFirst ... 350400440448449450451452460500550 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)