+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 923 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148548 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

He would say that it he wants to defeat Corbyn and appeal to the large number of roots labour supporters who voted out. He has found a superhero "I'll save your jobs by keeping the foreigners out" bullet to win the leadership election. Cynically I would suggest he knows he cant deliver but that isnt his concern unless he gets over the first hurdle of party leadership.

This man twists and turns more than a twisty-turny thing - and seems to be continually making up 'policy' on the fly - complete lack of credibility for someone that has delusions of being PM one day.....

On the subject of free movement and Rog's point on equal economies for it to work, the minimum wage is a good indicator of pro's and cons in this area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_minimum_wage

I may be wrong, but I'm also pretty sure that minimum wage isn't a term (yet) of EU membership, and I do think that a lot has been made of employment law when I suspect very little will change, as our laws are in the most part more beneficial than EU minimums. Perhaps the working time regs 48 hour week being hit, I can't see much else changing.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    On the subject of free movement and Rog's point on equal economies for it to work, the minimum wage is a good indicator of pro's and cons in this area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_minimum_wage

I may be wrong, but I'm also pretty sure that minimum wage isn't a term (yet) of EU membership, and I do think that a lot has been made of employment law when I suspect very little will change, as our laws are in the most part more beneficial than EU minimums. Perhaps the working time regs 48 hour week being hit, I can't see much else changing.
    I think that's very enlightening, and makes a bit of a mockery of the idea proposed by some remainers that 'free movement is a two way street'. Who would WANT to move from UK to, for instance, Rumania? And as well as not accounting for the lack of adherance to such minimums across Europe, it actually (correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't account for the high percentage in many countries who have an income of zero ie they are unemployed.

So there we have it. Two central planks of economic union not working because not all members of the federation are equal. The Euro - massively favouring the strong economies in the Union whose exports seem cheap. Movement of Labour massively favouring workers from the weak economies, but those weak economies will suffer a "brain drain". What a great basis for a federal Europe. If you could have designed it, you couldnt have got it more wrong - what? you mean it was designed?

Now if we are talking long term, and I mean 50+ years, economics may level out these arenas. The weaker economies may strengthen and the stronger get weaker (well apart from Germany which seems bullet proof).

But who is prepared to wait that long and suffer perceived inequalities as their economic strengths decline whilst the (eg) Bulgarian one strengthens? No generation will accept that - noone is so comitted to Union that they will stand for a lifetime of decline to allow other nations to catch up. When you are at the top of the food chain do you really want to surrender that position so that some impalas have a chance to avoid being eaten. I think not

Now you've buggered it roger, we'll never get to 500 now

well 477 wasnt a bad effort!

im still up for it after seeing a guy in street with a tee shirt exclaiming brexit has ruined my future . nearly said the rivers that way .

Roger Ramjet...who'd a thunk it! The secret to life, the Universe and everything...well the answer to a major problem with the EU at least...and it's not 42!
    Good post, sir. We've had our (healthy and constructive) differences of opinion but I applaud your reasoning. Could have saved it for #500 but I guess 'Manofpride' might be waiting for that honour having started it all.
    In the meantime, maybe young Ramjet could take over from Jean Claude.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Roger Ramjet...who'd a thunk it! The secret to life, the Universe and everything...well the answer to a major problem with the EU at least...and it's not 42!
    Good post, sir. We've had our (healthy and constructive) differences of opinion but I applaud your reasoning. Could have saved it for #500 but I guess 'Manofpride' might be waiting for that honour having started it all.
    In the meantime, maybe young Ramjet could take over from Jean Claude.
    van Damme?

Page 48 of 923 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148548 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)