+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: RAF Scampton

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Well said and accusing someone of having a mental illness simply for having a different POV is beyond the pale
    Yeah I'm guessing thats what was said when Hitler was expressing his POV - I'm waiting for your predictable response, the baits been cast!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    ....but entirely predictible, sadly

It happens whenever opinion differs, the non aligned member of the Borg being dissed as gone in the head
    Absolutely not a ****ing clue what your on about, another one needs to take their pills by the look of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Well I returned to kick up some dirt and ruffle a few feathers. It's probably time for me to do my disappearing act again for a while.

I'll be back to cause more trouble some time in the future 😉
    Your welcome anytime, you haven't ruffled my feathers, though a few on here seem to have got their knickers in a twist over one sentence of sarcasm!

If anything I'm amused that you seem to believe your POV can be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Absolutely not a ****ing clue what your on about, another one needs to take their pills by the look of it!
    That sort of proves the point

Having worked with those unfortunate enough to have such disabilities as mental health issues and/or dementia I find that, by implication, using such vulnerable members of our society to denigrate OTR obscene.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Yeah I'm guessing thats what was said when Hitler was expressing his POV - I'm waiting for your predictable response, the baits been cast!!
    Just another page from the ‘How To Close Down A Discussion I’m Losing’ playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Having worked with those unfortunate enough to have such disabilities as mental health issues and/or dementia I find that, by implication, using such vulnerable members of our society to denigrate OTR obscene.
    I understand where you’re coming from mac, but isn’t suggesting that refugees should be drowned (GP) or be terrified and possibly drowned (OTR) just as ‘obscene’?
    I also think it’s a bit naive - at best - or ‘bonkers’ even, to ask why can’t the French keep them, why do we have to have them, and recommend launching a ‘destroyer’ to fire warning shots at them.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I understand where you’re coming from mac, but isn’t suggesting that refugees should be drowned (GP) or be terrified and possibly drowned (OTR) just as ‘obscene’?
    I also think it’s a bit naive - at best - or ‘bonkers’ even, to ask why can’t the French keep them, why do we have to have them, and recommend launching a ‘destroyer’ to fire warning shots at them.
    Just to clarify, at no point have I offered support or otherwise for any posters pov on the situation relating to this complicated issue and I don't intend to.
    Like all threads, whether DCFC, political, social or whatever I read them and many I find interesting, educational, humorous and occasionally boring. I despair at times how they become offensive and aggressive with personal insults all to common particularly those threads with political connotations. For that very reason I tend to avoid commenting on them, at my time of life I have no wish to get involved in such garbage particularly on a footie forum. I feel that this thread has now descended (by posters on both sides of the divide) into that scenario.
    I accept that any of us may be aggrieved at another posters approach to an issue under discussion especially one as sad as that facing illegal immigrants, however, Swales post was so belittling of the serious and debilitating health problems of some members of the population that I found it obnoxious. It is, unfortunately, not an uncommon dismissal of those that some see as being inferior at an intellectual level. Ironically it certainly doesn't help the cause of the immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    That sort of proves the point
    I'm worried about you, you seem to be posting a lot of gibberish on here lately, that and conspiracy theories with not a shred of evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Just to clarify, at no point have I offered support or otherwise for any posters pov on the situation relating to this complicated issue and I don't intend to.
    Like all threads, whether DCFC, political, social or whatever I read them and many I find interesting, educational, humorous and occasionally boring. I despair at times how they become offensive and aggressive with personal insults all to common particularly those threads with political connotations. For that very reason I tend to avoid commenting on them, at my time of life I have no wish to get involved in such garbage particularly on a footie forum. I feel that this thread has now descended (by posters on both sides of the divide) into that scenario.
    I accept that any of us may be aggrieved at another posters approach to an issue under discussion especially one as sad as that facing illegal immigrants, however, Swales post was so belittling of the serious and debilitating health problems of some members of the population that I found it obnoxious. It is, unfortunately, not an uncommon dismissal of those that some see as being inferior at an intellectual level. Ironically it certainly doesn't help the cause of the immigrants.
    Oh come on!! So the first rant of post wasn't obnoxious? But my sarcastic sentence suggesting it was possibly down to senility or mental deterioration was? I mean if we can't refer to anything on the basis that somebody somewhere might be offended then we are ****ed. That's the point of sarcasm its meant to be offensive!

Quite how you then stretch that to belittling the health issues of some members of the population is bizarre, I belittled one poster and his somewhat offensive views in a single sentence.

I can only assume that virtually all of you actually sympathise with most if not all the sentiments expressed by OTR. Because when a sarcastic response to a truly ludicrous and actually offensive, racist and openly xenophobic post is attacked more than the actual post that prompted the comment, that is the only inference that can be drawn.

I'm pissing myself laughing here, because my response to OTR's obviously intentionally provocative post, was going to be a one line sarcastic sentence and ignore the rest of the thread, as I didn't see much point in arguing or debating his views, their his views, he won't change them and regrettable as that is, its not something I'm bothered about.

But it seems a one line sarcastic sentence has got all you old women clucking around, whilst ignoring the subject matter. Jeeze your lives must be dull!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)