+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Final Play-Off Placing

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppie View Post
    This was/is true to a point… perhaps not so bleak in the near term?

https://chesterfield-fc.co.uk/club-n...evealed-at-agm
    Cheers Hoppie, wasnt aware of that. Mind you, I suppose £500k into the club itself won't go very far with what must be an astronomical wage bill. As a trust owned club, it would be good to see them thrive (but not enough to end up above us of course!).

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    But that was something else, beyond the normal twists and turns of fortune.
    You can bet that everyone at the club involved in that game won't forget it in a hurry. Maybe memories of both games can stiffen the resolve and we'll be hell-bent on putting things right. I don't think IB will be wanting to shake their manager's hand and say 'well done, well played' again.
    It was a joke and a disgrace to lose that match. What a terrible night that was in the pissing down Halifax rain. Just another example of our soft underbelly which will need addressing for next season as a priority.

The more I look at the table and whats left, I am confident we will take 3rd, a home semi against Halifax, and a final against Cleethorpes.

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post
    The more I look at the table and whats left, I am confident we will take 3rd, a home semi against Halifax, and a final against Cleethorpes.
    Are you sure you're a Notts supporter !? I can see a route to the possibility but it needs some real leaps of faith.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Are you sure you're a Notts supporter !? I can see a route to the possibility but it needs some real leaps of faith.
    I know, but let's try and stay positive. They really should make it past Moors, and I do fancy them to get the result away at Wrexham.

I know, but let's try and stay positive. They really should make it past Moors, and I do fancy them to get the result away at Wrexham.
    Looking at the games left we will be very lucky to catch Halifax and prob not Solihull even if we win them all. If we don’t win them all then there’s a fair chance Grimsby could overtake us as their run in is not daunting. I think 3rd is very unlikely, 4th an outside bet but we should get 5th if we win at least 4 of the last 5.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Looking at the games left we will be very lucky to catch Halifax and prob not Solihull even if we win them all. If we don’t win them all then there’s a fair chance Grimsby could overtake us as their run in is not daunting. I think 3rd is very unlikely, 4th an outside bet but we should get 5th if we win at least 4 of the last 5.
    game of opinions innit...

I can see Solihull dropping sufficient points in their final 3 games, Bromley and the Dog and duck at Home and BW away. I am assuming we win our last 5, so 1 loss out of those and we will pip them.
    Halifax need to drop minimum of 4 possibly 5 points from their last 4, and I see that possibly being a draw against Yeovil and a defeat away at Stockport...

time will tell, but dont give up on third yet

time will tell, but dont give up on third yet
    ...of course we could always finish second.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    ...of course we could always finish second.
    It is possible, but I think Wrexham will keep second. And I would prefer a home tie against Halifax/Chessie or Dog n Duck, to a home tie against Grimsby in a semi

Today could be play-off place clinching day

A win for us and only a draw for B'Wood at Stockport, and defeat for Daggers at Wealdstone, means we wrap up a place with 3 games to go, that'd also be progress on last season.
    If not today, it should be 48hrs later...
    As we all know though, 6th/7th place is massively difficult, so let's clinch better than that asap

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345