+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Joelinton

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    I've seen promising hold up play from him earlier in the season (not since though), and he always seems to get himself into goalscoring positions, sometimes through his own creativity. There's a good player in there somewhere.

I agree with others that say he just gives up in some games. He does and it's unacceptable.
    Plain a simple mate he’s a dumpling

I've seen promising hold up play from him earlier in the season (not since though), and he always seems to get himself into goalscoring positions, sometimes through his own creativity. There's a good player in there somewhere.

I agree with others that say he just gives up in some games. He does and it's unacceptable.
    I hope you’re right. Unfortunately for every one player who improves dramatically after such a poor start, I can name you 50 that haven’t.

As for who was responsible for signing this donkey. That accolade goes to Mike Ashley and Steve Nickson ( Charnley supplied tea and biscuits )
    Last edited by Kal; 13-01-2020 at 10:29 PM.

Am I the only one who doesn't rate Joelinton but who also believes that the main reason he is failing this hard is due to poor tactical dispositions?

Most strikers would struggle with being isolated that much, getting nothing to work with.

He's not good enough though.

No, I think you're right, Hughie. We get the ball into the box the least of any other Premier League team so his chances are massively restricted any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    No, I think you're right, Hughie. We get the ball into the box the least of any other Premier League team so his chances are massively restricted any way.
    My point exactly Zip. I think it's obvious that he is meant to be the new Rondon, but he's not as good as him - and our current manager is not as good as our former manager at setting up that kind of attack.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    My point exactly Zip. I think it's obvious that he is meant to be the new Rondon, but he's not as good as him - and our current manager is not as good as our former manager at setting up that kind of attack.
    It's more than that Hughie...he's never been a target man and is more used/suited to a no.10 or inside forward role.

I saw something at the beginning and blamed the wrong tactics and position...but even playing as a wide forward (I appreciate even now he's playing more as a winger than an inside forward) he's showing NOTHING to suggest he will be worth near 40m or even good...

Of course we can add lack of confidence to the list of excuses...but I think he's going to be a very expensive dud...

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    It's more than that Hughie...he's never been a target man and is more used/suited to a no.10 or inside forward role.

I saw something at the beginning and blamed the wrong tactics and position...but even playing as a wide forward (I appreciate even now he's playing more as a winger than an inside forward) he's showing NOTHING to suggest he will be worth near 40m or even good...

Of course we can add lack of confidence to the list of excuses...but I think he's going to be a very expensive dud...
    Agree with all of this.

He's not good enough, but at the same time he's also been purchased for an unnatural position and role for him.

So a big, expensive dud indeed!

Ok guys I think we're forgetting he's just a kid. Only 23 years old!

I feel like that leaves plenty of time for improvement. That said he would be better suited to the role Gabriel Jesus has at Man City being understudy and substitute for an experienced striker like Aguero (Carroll ).

I'll write Joelinton off this time next year if he's still in the same place.

Ok guys I think we're forgetting he's just a kid. Only 23 years old!

I feel like that leaves plenty of time for improvement. That said he would be better suited to the role Gabriel Jesus has at Man City being understudy and substitute for an experienced striker like Aguero (Carroll ).

I'll write Joelinton off this time next year if he's still in the same place.
    I guess he could go and improve himself, but it would take a lot of improvement for him to get going at this level.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)