+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Notts after 2 players

Evans is a tw@t, **** me if we signed him I'd be gutted.

Sheff have signed a midfielder and a forward, interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42640269

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Sheff have signed a midfielder and a forward, interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42640269
    Can't believe they've signed Norman Wisdomesque comedy legend Lee Evans to run their midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    No she didn’t. Plain lies like this are what makes the Evans case so infuriating. The girl has never accused Ched Evans of raping her. The Crown Prosecution Service did. It’s a really important distinction.

I think the problem with the Evans case is that it’s all so murky and ambiguous. It’s not a case of either he did it or he is completely innocent. What Evans actually did is a matter of public record and isn’t denied by him. It’s all there for people to make up their own minds on.

The court case, by and large, was to decide whether this legally crossed the threshold of being a crime. I wouldn’t be surprised that if you tried him 100 times, he was found guilty in half of them and not guilty in the other half, it’s an incredibly ambiguous area of the law.

My personal view is that what Evans did was abhorrent. It almost doesn’t matter whether it was illegal or not, it marks him out as scum IMO.

That said, I also respect the eventual decision of the court and the fact that Evans actually served time. I’ve got no objection to him continuing his career, whether at Notts or elsewhere. If he does sign for us then I’ll happily support him as a footballer. That doesn’t mean I like him or think that he’s some kind of martyr.

I can definitely see how and why he is more difficult for some people to accept than someone like Hughes, whose case was completely black and white.
    Yes, Jacob, you mean like Hughes was a piece of work, a nasty human being but was forgiven everything at Notts because he was a class striker.

But you forget our long and proud tradition of helping those who fall by the legal wayside.

Continually Rehabilitating Inmates, (Magpies Scheme).

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    But you forget our long and proud tradition of helping those who fall by the legal wayside.

Continually Rehabilitating Inmates, (Magpies Scheme).
    Sorry we are full, no more red dogs need apply.

Watch Grant be the next called back.If they want Yates to gain experience in a higher league ready for next season as they say,then the same surely would apply for Grant.
    Agent Brazil,Knows how to **** things up at/for Notts

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345