+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: T’krikkit

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    It's not often that I enjoy the rugby more, but today is one of those days
    Played well, RS. Complete commitment. Not sure what’s happened...which was more unlikely, England Rugby making it to the semi finals or England Cricket being totally outclassed - and they were - by Afghanistan?

Watched the Afghan innings in the Neptune. When they reached over the ton without loss I thought they'd go on to do well. Woakes and Curran were both very costly which didn't help any. They had won just one of their previous 17 World Cup games. They've doubled that tally.

Watched the rugby at Brum airport. Nearly threw that one away as well.

Satdeh I'd been at Patron's Day at Burton Rugby Club. First visit to the new ground at Tatenhill. Very nice it is too. Great lunch. 5 of my old BGS XV there, including myself, and we had a great time. Met a lot of BRFC former teammates as well, some I hadn't seen for over 40 years. Needless to say, I had a great time. The Charlton game being off turned into a huge positive for me. Nostalgia? You can't beat it.

Dutch v South Africa go from 50-4 to 245-8 in the 43 overs. Did not see that improvement happening but it did. Gives them half a chance but I think SA will get the runs needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Dutch v South Africa go from 50-4 to 245-8 in the 43 overs. Did not see that improvement happening but it did. Gives them half a chance but I think SA will get the runs needed.
    Spot on performance by the Netherlands, very disciplined

Wow...what a result for the Dutch! Not just England who can be outplayed by the so called ‘minnows’. Brilliant stuff.

Well f*** me three times with a dahlia: the Dutch won which makes England's result against Afghanistan seem slightly less bitter. Still not good enough, but someone new quickly emerges for the world to laugh at.

Apart of courses Chile women who, chasing 334 to win a T20, mustered 22 all out, 21 of which were extras. Congratulations to Emilia Toro for a doughty 1 off 14 balls. An improvement on her 0* in the previous match where Chile got 19 (15 extras).

So there we have it, 5 runs off the bat in two innings of play. Sounds like they are ready for a big TV deal from Comedy Central
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 17-10-2023 at 06:14 PM.

Afghanistan currently making life very hard for the Black Caps. Who’d have thought just a few years ago...Afghanistan would thrash England and be in a commanding position against NZ, Holland would comfortably beat South Africa and the Windies would be watching it all from back home?
    Complacency...or are the ‘times a changing’?

Well yessireeBob, it seems like a dilaniation of the old guard...

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Well yessireeBob, it seems like a dilaniation of the old guard...
    ‘Dilaniation’? Bet that’s a first on here! Although I still reckon the eventual winners will be one of India, NZ or SA. Unfortunately Afghanistan’s catching didn’t match their bowling.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘Dilaniation’? Bet that’s a first on here! Although I still reckon the eventual winners will be one of India, NZ or SA. Unfortunately Afghanistan’s catching didn’t match their bowling.
    Well, you did mention "times a changing"

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)